• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MaccyDs, right or wrong

McDonald's -right or wrong?

• Total voters

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
I read the MacDonalds' sales and profits have slumped for the 4th quarter in a row.
Is this because people are more choosy?
Their products have lost their quality.
There is more, and better competition?

I recall the queues when the first High Street one opened, incredible! And the burgers and fries, the apple pie, the milk shakes, all tasted fantastic then. Was it 1980?

I haven't had one for about 15 years and the allure has faded completely for me.

What do you think folks? do you still eat with them?

I think it is partly choice now, there is so much competition in that particular market. I do very occasionally get the urge for a cheese quarter pounder, not often though, and their fries are still better than KFC or Burger King, so although it's probably only once every couple of months, I do still eat them.

My nearest Mcdough is an hour away and in my opinion better quality then in the UK and yes if im in the big city i will pop in for a snack.

Have a big mac every Friday lunchtime. Still look forward to it.

Without hangover = No, it's absolute filth.

With Hangover* = Yes, Yes... Oh, my good God! Yessss!

* This assumes you've made it there in time for the pre-11am breakfast menu Sausage and Egg McMuffintop. If not, then Burger King is your stodgy hangover goodness friend. The fats, proteins and simple carbs are a pretty much scientifically proven antidote to your temporary unhappiness.

It being disgusting might be one reason.

Without hangover = No, it's absolute filth.

With Hangover* = Yes, Yes... Oh, my good God! Yessss!

* This assumes you've made it there in time for the pre-11am breakfast menu Sausage and Egg McMuffintop. If not, then Burger King is your stodgy hangover goodness friend.

Ill have what he's having. Oh its a McDonalds, in that case no I'll go without.:smile:

Utter *****, haven't eaten one in 15 years apart from when I was on a freeway in the USA...and it was revolting.

MK Jnr is 3 1/2 and not been exposed to them - long may that continue.

I really love a Big Mac but only eat there when I have a hangover. Two Big Macs and a bucket of coke and you are back in business.

They have done some shifty things over the years but have been bought to account and have changed their practices.

I have been told many of there procedures are industry leading because they just can't afford any slip ups.

About 10 years ago I decided to cut down on MaccyDs and the like from 2 or 3 times a week to maybe once a month. Mainly for something to eat if I am going to a gig or the flicks after work. I used to love KFC, but I can't remember the last time I got something from them.

I think it has turned into a last resort hot meal because it is on the way and quick for me type thing.

These articles are quite interesting food for thought:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-Sally-Davies-shows-sign-mould-6-months.html

I really love a Big Mac but only eat there when I have a hangover. Two Big Macs and a bucket of coke and you are back in business.

They have done some shifty things over the years but have been bought to account and have changed their practices.

I have been told many of there procedures are industry leading because they just can't afford any slip ups.

My sister in law works for Defra and can vouch for their processes. Responsible farming, good ingredients, high hygiene controls etc.

As for me, it is a bit of a guilty pleasure. Funny that MK hates it so much as a McDonalds breakfast is always my reward to myself whenever I have to work in our crappy MK office.

Don't have Maccyds very often now but if I do, its either a McMuffin at breakfast or a hamburger with just onion and cheese. Haven't had a big mac/quarter pounder in ages. I prefer KFC but don't have that often, plays havoc with my diet

Utter *****, haven't eaten one in 15 years apart from when I was on a freeway in the USA...and it was revolting.

MK Jnr is 3 1/2 and not been exposed to them - long may that continue.

I think the last time I had one was about 15-20 years ago. There was a time that I couldn't go passed one without having a chocolate milkshake, but they ruined those when they changed their milkshake machines. They used to have one "tap" for each flavour, but that changed to one for all flavours. The problem was that the chocolate started to taste of strawberry.

In the end I gave up on the milkshakes.

Then I came to the conclusion that the food made me feel sick. I would enjoy it at the time, but about an hour later I would feel really crappy so I gave up on the food too.

My kids, who are 6 and 4 (5 later this month) have never even been in a McDonalds.

Do the best coffee and hot chocolate out all the other options! Food can be hit (but mainly miss!) - brekkies are decent and like 3/5 piece chicken meals with good dippages!

Do the best coffee and hot chocolate out all the other options! Food can be hit (but mainly miss!) - brekkies are decent and like 3/5 piece chicken meals with good dippages!

The (microwaved) 3/5pc chicken select meal. Go sour cream and chilli dip myself.

Has anyone ever found anything hotter than a Mcdonalds tea or apple pie? An asbestos lined mouth is essential IMO.

I think it is partly choice now, there is so much competition in that particular market. I do very occasionally get the urge for a cheese quarter pounder, not often though, and their fries are still better than KFC or Burger King, so although it's probably only once every couple of months, I do still eat them.

KFC do a better ice cream Sundae for me. I believe they are only £0.79 too.

Good shout on the coffee. Terrible shout with the word 'dippage' :smile:

Poll added, by the way.

Nothing wrong with it at all IMHO. As with everything, if it's part of a balanced diet..

Top tip though, try Five Guys if you get an opportunity (believe they've just opened a store at Lakeside). It's expensive for what it is, but by god is it good.

Macdonalds are a rip off for me, look at what you get when you want any burger in that place, not a lot to it as it tastes to salty and plastic, go to a burger or kebab place and you get a proper burger that tastes much better and is also cheaper and more filling, if I have a macdonalds I'm always hungry again after a hour or so, think Burger King is better value also for me:smile:

Back