• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

**** my wife must have missed that by minutes (will break it to her tomorrow)......

Last edited by a moderator:
Just think we could of been in Leyton today playing orient in the cup. I work in London and I'm becoming increasingly worried about getting on a train to the capital these days. Just crazy!

Not good to hear, but not that surprising either - something like this was bound to happen with all that's going on.

Thankfully he didn't get his hands on a gun as this could have been much worse.

A 3 inch machete...
Beat me to it!

from the bbc article "He then saw "a guy, an adult, lying on the floor with a guy standing next to him brandishing a knife of about three inches... maybe a hobby knife"."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35018789

Still terrible how close to home it happened though.

Seen quite a lot of video's over tweeter regarding this. Police were excellent and will be rightly praised, just a pity they weren't allowed to shot the piece of vermin dead where he stood.
Agreed that it was very well handled by the police. If they shoot him dead they can't interrogate him to find out why he did it, and his punishment lasts a couple of seconds rather than a number of years.

Agreed that it was very well handled by the police. If they shoot him dead they can't interrogate him to find out why he did it, and his punishment lasts a couple of seconds rather than a number of years.

You forgot to add he would also be denied the opportunity to join a violent prison gang who intimidate other prisoners and 'tax' any other muslim inmates who refuse to join them. As a bit of a celebrity, he will be able to receive visitors he never knew before this incident and inspire them to follow in his chosen path. As has happened all ready.

Yes nor can be be further radicalised in prison, or spread his message of hate, or convert others, or do it again.

Yes nor can be be further radicalised in prison, or spread his message of hate, or convert others, or do it again.

Sadly that's exactly what will happen under our current prison system.

That's something for the prison system to rectify. It doesn't mean our police should go around using excessive force and shooting people holding a knife. The police did a good job (going by the video I saw) and it's good that the individual can be brought to justice and information sought to see if he was working alone or part of a wider group. Also, this individual probably wanted to die - becoming a martyr for other sick islamic extremists (assuming this person was a muslim).

You forgot to add he would also be denied the opportunity to join a violent prison gang who intimidate other prisoners and 'tax' any other muslim inmates who refuse to join them. As a bit of a celebrity, he will be able to receive visitors he never knew before this incident and inspire them to follow in his chosen path. As has happened all ready.
I didn't forget, I wrote everything I wanted to at that point.

If you are now adding that the visitors that prisoners receive should be restricted and that conduct between prisoners should be monitored then I fully agree.

I presume that its been found that he has been radicalised , as opposed to having mental health problems which have manifested as religious fervour. I haven't read any news in the last few hours...

Based on what I have seen "This is for Syria" is not dissimilar to "No more baby parts" or "this is for Lee Rigby" both of which have been shouted at other attacks , and is more of an indication of a dangerously misguided individual than a Terrorist organisation.

Not defending or condoning anyone here, just being cautious about stoking up the "governing by fear" mentality which rears its head at times like this.

off to read up a bit....

That's something for the prison system to rectify. It doesn't mean our police should go around using excessive force and shooting people holding a knife. The police did a good job (going by the video I saw) and it's good that the individual can be brought to justice and information sought to see if he was working alone or part of a wider group. Also, this individual probably wanted to die - becoming a martyr for other sick islamic extremists (assuming this person was a muslim).

Nope I was not criticising the police, they do an impossible job without the threat of terror, on modern C*** conditions and pay. If any of them had been armed and opened fire we would have no end people screaming for justice.

I used the opportunity to point out that if we are going to lock up extremists the current system fails completely. Prisons have always been universities for criminals and they have now become universities for radicalisation as well.

I used the opportunity to point out that if we are going to lock up extremists the current system fails completely. Prisons have always been universities for criminals and they have now become universities for radicalisation as well.

Totally, and with the cut backs that have gone on, this will continue to happen.

Exactly hence had they shot this waste of space in the head and killed him outright I personally think the world would be a be a better place. No doubt in his guilt.

Back