• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Squad for Tour

@SUFCRootsHall: Blues 18 to travel to Madrid; Chambers, Bentley; White, Coker, Barker, Prosser, Phillips, Cresswell; Leonard, Laird, Timlin, Hurst, Straker, Atkinson, Clifford (Trialist), Cowan (Trialist), Eastwood, Corr

Brown said Josh Rees may be given another chance in a behind closed doors friendly when Blues get back from Madrid.

@SUFCRootsHall: Blues 18 to travel to Madrid; Chambers, Bentley; White, Coker, Barker, Prosser, Phillips, Cresswell; Leonard, Laird, Timlin, Hurst, Straker, Atkinson, Clifford (Trialist), Cowan (Trialist), Eastwood, Corr

Not a bad squad, apart from being a little light up top.

Feel a little bit sorry for Jack Payne not in the 18. I guess early days for him in his career.

Feel a little bit sorry for Jack Payne not in the 18. I guess early days for him in his career.

He has recently come back from a bad injury, so guess he will be staying behind with Smith to help recovery.

No Josh Rees on the trip either, although Brown said he may be given another chance in a behind closed doors friendly after the Madrid trip. (via @SUFCRootsHall)

Brown said Josh Rees may be given another chance in a behind closed doors friendly when Blues get back from Madrid.

'May be' and If he hasn't been snapped up elsewhere in the meantime. Don't know why I'm saddened by this news, perhaps it's the chance of a local talent being signed on. Maybe Rees and Clifford are too similar to sign both on, could it rely on how well Clifford performs in Spain, as to whether Rees gets another chance?

He has recently come back from a bad injury, so guess he will be staying behind with Smith to help recovery.

No Josh Rees on the trip either.

CP has said Rees will be included in a behind closed doors friendly when they come back, so all is not lost, I guess they had limited numbers who they could take.

Maybe the possible signing of O'Toole or Lee is on the cards - so don't need both of these youngsters...

By all accounts Chesterfield were very impressed by Clifford and he looks a great prospect at our level. Taking him to Madrid is perfect timing- get him bonded with the team and wanting to stay
One of the really interesting things about the squad is am I right in thinking Barker is the only one over 30?
Most are early to mid 20s

Back