• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Madrid Break The Bank... Again

Bluesmanager

I'm a Barbie Girl
Somewhere where the weather isn't killing me
Reportedly siging Benzema for the best part of 30million.

Forgive me, I appear to have overslept by several years or so, but is there not a worldwide recession on?! If this goes through that'll be the best part of 250million euros spent! On three players!

They are nuts. There were 50,000 people at the Bernabéu yesterday for Kaká's presentation!

Reportedly siging Benzema for the best part of 30million.

Forgive me, I appear to have overslept by several years or so, but is there not a worldwide recession on?! If this goes through that'll be the best part of 250million euros spent! On three players!

would have like to have seen Benzema in the Prem... still think we have a better defence than Real do!

I have a Man United supporting friend who is almost in tears at this news... Although I see this as positive for them. With Madrid capturing Benzema, it all but eliminates their interest in Ribery, leaving the door wide open for United to swing in, put £40m on the table and sign a natural replacement for Ronaldo's width.

I have a Man United supporting friend who is almost in tears at this news... Although I see this as positive for them. With Madrid capturing Benzema, it all but eliminates their interest in Ribery, leaving the door wide open for United to swing in, put £40m on the table and sign a natural replacement for Ronaldo's width.

How does Ribery fit in with Sir Alex's stated "we don't sign players over 26" policy...?

:unsure:

How does Ribery fit in with Sir Alex's stated "we don't sign players over 26" policy...?

:unsure:

I've got a feeling he was misquoted with that... As he's certainly broken the mould in the past with Berbatov, Hargreaves and Van Der Sar. He said recently that he wasn't fond of the price being banded around for Ribery bearing in mind he's over 26, but I'd imagine with some persuasion Bayern would part with Ribery for the best part of £30m.

Madrid are practically a nationalised club.. no one in Spain could ever let them go bust .. Football is heading into a financial disaster at full speed

Madrid are practically a nationalised club.. no one in Spain could ever let them go bust .. Football is heading into a financial disaster at full speed

When they were in proper bother a few years ago, they were able to sell their training ground - slap bang in the middle of the Madrid business district - to the Madrid government for over £200m. Handy that.

The press here are just being unbearable now, as if they've already won all the trophies for 09/10. There was a ridiculous comment piece today claiming that everyone had already forgotten about Barcelona's 'lucky' treble from last season, as if signing a load of players was bigger news than winning the first ever treble in Spanish football history.

Real Madrid, and many of their fans, really are a bunch of **** punchers.

Even with the first lot of Galacticos Madrid were beatable so I don't see why things should be any different with the Second Generation!?!

Even with the first lot of Galacticos Madrid were beatable so I don't see why things should be any different with the Second Generation!?!

In fact with the likes of Beckham, Zidane, Figo etc they won the square root of **** all. Buying all the so called top players does not guarantee team spirit, and with some of the egos in the Madrid dressing room I'd doubt if it will be a happy place.

In fact with the likes of Beckham, Zidane, Figo etc they won the square root of **** all. Buying all the so called top players does not guarantee team spirit, and with some of the egos in the Madrid dressing room I'd doubt if it will be a happy place.

I'd imagine the likes of Kaka and Benzema will be Ok to handle... They're there to win trophies and play football, and neither have a massive ego that'd get in the way of team spirit.

Ronaldo though, his attitude has been a problem for United over the last two years, has joined the club purely to boost his profile and truely thinks he's the best player ever to grace a pitch. I think he'll be successful at Real, he has the drive to accomplish that, but he'll be a ****ing nightmare to work with.

Ribery is one ugly fecker isn't he.

1454c349e4244abeb568273c0e1d5ac3.jpg

In all fairness, Ribery's disfigured because of a car accident when he was a toddler. Tevez was just a **** and poured boiling water on himself when he was young.

Apparently Ribery doesn't want to go to Man U cos of the weather. How pathetic.

How are Real Madrid going to fit all these players into the team and keep them happy? Can't see any of them fulfilling their ridiculous 6-year deals.

Back