• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maher denies...

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
speaking to any other clubs.

From the Echo...

"I haven't spoken to any other clubs. My situation is still the same as last week."

Yeah, right.

And Steven Clark looks to be joining Hornchurch.

Maher didnt say his agent wasnt tho!
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 27 2004,12:57)]speaking to any other clubs.

From the Echo...

"I haven't spoken to any other clubs.  My situation is still the same as last week."

Yeah, right.

And Steven Clark looks to be joining Hornchurch.
LC said the very same thing just prior to joining Peterborough!

Very clever statement as it is their agents doing all the talking.

So, HE CAN say "I haven't spoken to any other clubs" whereas his agent has spoken to them for him!

and also Leon Cort in his interview said that Kev Maher wanted the same things as him!! If there gonna leave just go!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ May 27 2004,14:02)]If there gonna leave just go!!
Absolutely.

I'd love them to stay... but if they want to go... then go. Let us and the club know where we stand so we can get on with putting a squad together for the coming season.

Yes Maher should hurry up and decide what he wants to do!

But i suspect he would be quite sad to leave us, as hes been here for ages and is club captain. If they offer him a good deal he would stay i think.

That's funny because Barry Fry has stated that he has spoken to Maher about a move to peterborough.........

taken from theposh.com

Fry sets his sights high - 26/05/04

FOUR internationals are among seven players to have spoken to Posh boss Barry Fry about a summer move to London Road.

Centre forward Brian Deane (West Ham) and winger Steve Guppy (Leicester) have a handful of England caps between them, striker Iwan Roberts (Norwich) has made several appearances for Wales, while midfielder Peter Kennedy (Wigan) was once a Northern Ireland regular.

Centre-backs Sean Dyche (Watford) and Spencer Prior (Cardiff), plus midfielder Kevin Maher (Southend) make up Fry's wanted list, although he's already admitted defeat on a couple of the more ambitious targets.

Fry said: "Roberts and Deane are likely to stay in Division One, but the fact that I made contact with them is proof of my ambition for next season.

"If you don't ask you don't get and I'm doing my best to bring some extra quality to the squad. Guppy is considering my offer, I met with Kennedy and his agent yesterday, I've offered Dyche a two-year deal which no other club has and I've had conversations with Prior and Maher.

Hull End Interest In Midfield Man Woodhouse

Peterborough United manager Barry Fry has revealed to theposh.com that Hull City have now ended their interest in midfielder Curtis Woodhouse after the Posh boss rejected the Tigers only offer for the former Birmingham City player.

Fry rejected a £100,000 bid from Hull boss Peter Taylor last week and the ex-England boss spoke with the London Road chief on Thursday evening and confirmed he has now ended his interest.

Fry told theposh.com: 'I spoke with Peter Taylor today and after our conversation he is now going elsewhere to buy a midfielder for Hull City and that is the end of his interest in Curtis Woodhouse. As Curtis said on www.theposh.com, if he is a Peterborough player at the start of the season, he will continue to give 100% and that will do me.'

With hull missing out on Woodhouse , it could open the door for Maher to join up with Leon in a double swoop.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 27 2004,16:06)]Hull are after the Yeovil's gaffer son, apparently ...

Kev

cool.gif
Lee Johnson? Quality.

Barry Fry makes me bust - I suppose he has held talks with Roberto Carlos and Henrik Larsson aswell eh? Muppet...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ May 27 2004,16:14)]Barry Fry makes me bust - I suppose he has held talks with Roberto Carlos and Henrik Larsson aswell eh? Muppet...
Has anyone from Roots Hall approached Larsson yet? Southend-on-Sea would be a wonderful place for the great man to end his career.

Not interested in Roberto Carlos, too similar to Nicolau.

Back