• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MC BLUES

First XI
I note from our Official site that Steve Tilson has now disclosed we had a statement from "their playing" (obvious typo) confirming Kev Maher never even touched Duguid!

I'm now even more angry about this. Assuming the above quote should read "their player" then why was Duguid not charged for bringing the game into disrepute, and why was Maher not cleared?!

I know some may say 'forget it' but I can't. This whole episode really stinks, and cost us at least a point, possibly three, and maybe more?!

Plus, why can't the official site be bothered to report our Manager's quotes accurately? Sloppy spelling mistakes make us look like a two bob outfit!  
mad.gif

I pointed this out in another thread as the same was reported in today's Echo.

Funny how we didn't see the Col U manager fining or banning Duguid after he admitted that no contact had been made like he said he would.

The FA unfortunately couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery. If the club did have a statement from Duguid, and I have no reason to doubt them whatsoever, why didn't they press the matter further with the FA? Why didn't the club announce this straight after the appeal was turned down?
If they had done, what with it still being fresh in the media n all, perhaps the cheating scumbag wouldn't have got off scott free.

The FA have the power to impose retrospective punishment for blatant cheating and I'll be firing off an email and written letter first thing tomorrow asking why no action has been taken.

I shall also be writing a letter to the FA.

I will not hold my breath for any reasonable or satisfactory response though!

I can only imagine our Club have decided to adopt a conciliatory approach to this matter in order to maintain a decent relationship with our inbred neighbours?!

The FA appeals committee is not a court of law. They do not seek out evidence and the truth is of little interest. They show the video to a group of past-it refs and their remit is to support the referee, unless the error is so crass it can't be supported. Harsh sendings off are not overturned just because they are harsh.

I'm not talking about the FA Appeals Committee. I'm talking about the FA, full stop. They are duty bound to act on anything that brings the game into disrepute, whether immediately or after the act has been committed and Duguids blatant cheating, which he has by all accounts admitted to, falls squarely into that category.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Dec. 29 2006,21:25)]The FA appeals committee is not a court of law. They do not seek out evidence and the truth is of little interest. They show the video to a group of past-it refs and their remit is to support the referee, unless the error is so crass it can't be supported. Harsh sendings off are not overturned just because they are harsh.
I think in some respects you are right.

However, if the alleged victim has provided a statement which exonerates the alleged offender, then why should the FA be above criticism for supporting their officials even when there is compelling evidence which suggests they were wrong?

I would suggest that an error by the ref/lino is indeed crass, when the victim himself admits that nothing happened!

U's fan here.

The whys and wherefores of this have been discussed ad nauseam over the past month or so.

But when Tilly says you've got a "statement", does he mean that something was confirmed in writing in the week leading up to the appeal, or is he referring only to the comments in the post-match furore that Saturday, where Maher/Tilly commented that a player had mentioned that to them?

If it's the latter, then I'm not sure that - without written confirmation from said mystery player - the FA would have taken it with any weight during the appeals process.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shedeight @ Dec. 29 2006,21:45)]U's fan here.

The whys and wherefores of this have been discussed ad nauseam over the past month or so.

But when Tilly says you've got a "statement", does he mean that something was confirmed in writing in the week leading up to the appeal, or is he referring only to the comments in the post-match furore that Saturday, where Maher/Tilly commented that a player had mentioned that to them?

If it's the latter, then I'm not sure that - without written confirmation from said mystery player - the FA would have taken it with any weight during the appeals process.
The question you ask is a fair one.

I'm sure though for the manager to make this comment to the local media, and the Club's official site, he is confident he has sufficient evidence to support the claim he has made.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MC BLUES @ Dec. 29 2006,21:43)]However, if the alleged victim has provided a statement which exonerates the alleged offender, then why should the FA be above criticism for supporting their officials even when there is compelling evidence which suggests they were wrong?
Think you are all putting two and two together and getting 5.

I think the typo is "playing staff" or suchlike, not player.

Duguid has never admitted to diving, the statements made were by his team mates.

Its done and dusted now Maher has served his suspension theres nothing to be gained by writing letters that the FA wont care about. Time to move on....

I wrote to the FA the day after Maher's appeal was turned down. In the letter I included the interviews from Maher, Bennett and Duguid. I also expressed my disgust that the red card was not overturned on the back of the said interviews of all of the above on BBC radio Essex.
Surprisingly, I actually received a reply which basically fobbed me off with something along the lines of 'the matter will be discussed with Steve Bennett by the referee's commitee. Thanks for taking the time to write.'
Waste of time really.

I think that the "statement" is simply what Duguid said in his BBC Essex interview, where he admitted that Maher hadn't punched him but had "put his face in my face".

The last FA appeal I remember that got trned over was when Shearer clearky kicked that bloke in the head and as the FA wanted him to play for England they misteriously found some so far unseen footage that showed he was innocent when everyone knew he was guilty.
Writing to the Fa is a waste of time, you know that so why bother?

See Col******r forums have picked up on it and doing their usual high horse thing
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MC BLUES @ Dec. 29 2006,21:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Dec. 29 2006,21:25)]The FA appeals committee is not a court of law. They do not seek out evidence and the truth is of little interest. They show the video to a group of past-it refs and their remit is to support the referee, unless the error is so crass it can't be supported. Harsh sendings off are not overturned just because they are harsh.
I think in some respects you are right.

However, if the alleged victim has provided a statement which exonerates the alleged offender, then why should the FA be above criticism for supporting their officials even when there is compelling evidence which suggests they were wrong?

I would suggest that an error by the ref/lino is indeed crass, when the victim himself admits that nothing happened!
But this "statement" was in an interview with BBC Essex. KD didn't go to the FA and say I made it all up.

So how far have we got with the list of "incidents" involving KD to send to the FA and the Referees Association? I seem to remember someone offering to put this together.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MC BLUES @ Dec. 29 2006,19:17)]I note from our Official site that Steve Tilson has now disclosed we had a statement from "their playing" (obvious typo) confirming Kev Maher never even touched Duguid!
Can't find this on the official site. Has anyone got a link? I need to send it to my Col U mate!

Back