• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maher/Gower boos!

Winkle

Manager
I caught the train up from a a social evening in london tonight to watch the game against Huddersfield.... I wish I had not bothered, because I am ashamed to be a Southend Unitred supporter! Why you ask, simple. To all those so called supporters in the west stand who boood Kevin maher and Mark gower, I hope you all drowned in your festering Faecis, you make me want to vomit. I am to Angry to speak let alone write because if this is how we treat someone who as given nearly Nine years of loyal service to a club then It beggars belief. Words cannot say how dissapointed I feel.

Indeed, the bloke and his wife behind me (and a few others) in the East Blacks did nothing but slate Gower every time he came near.

He didnt have his best game but had a decent one and looked our most creative outlet.

Still Harrold wasnt on so they had to moan at someone and funnily enough not at one point in the game did they have one positive thing to say, even at 4-1 up.

Some people just want to moan, great supporters....

I caught the train up from a a social evening in london tonight to watch the game against Huddersfield.... I wish I had not bothered, because I am ashamed to be a Southend Unitred supporter! Why you ask, simple. To all those so called supporters in the west stand who boood Kevin maher and Mark gower, I hope you all drowned in your festering Faecis, you make me want to vomit. I am to Angry to speak let alone write because if this is how we treat someone who as given nearly Nine years of loyal service to a club then It beggars belief. Words cannot say how dissapointed I feel.

I Didn't hear any such thing in the West ...:confused:

i think gowers problem is his decision making. he tends to think about things too much and by the time he makes his mind up its too late. the good thing about him is that he can run with the ball and is good on a counter attack. when he scored his goal he made his mind up straight away and scored. i wish he did this more often and sometimes maybe be a little more selfish and have a few pops at goal.

I also in the west and didnt hear any booing, some people are always moaning about someone or something at the hall, in fact look at some of the posters on here who are passionate about being negative

He didnt have his best game but had a decent one and looked our most creative outlet.

This is why I love football - everyone has a different opinion!

I thought that Gower had (goal apart, it was well taken) a shocker tonight. The number of times he misplaced a pass, was off wandering somewhere instead of staying in position when they had the ball, etc...

Not surprised he got booed. I don't like to boo our own players, but I was shouting a few 'For f**** sake' at him as the evening went on. He's been a good player for us, but I still don't think he's pulling his weight this season, hence the criticism.

Any boo's for Maher, however, were completely unjustified. Thought he had a typical solid game tonight.

Never heard any booing at all from where I was. The ref got a few boos but I thought Maher had a very good game today. Seemed to have more freedom today which helped him I think.

As for Gower, I thought he was excellent this evening. Some of the inter passing between him and Hammell was exquisite in the first half (cos hes the west side obviously). He may have not passed it readily enough on a couple of occassions in the second half but he more than made up for it with a well taken goal.

If those players received any kind of boo treatment then those "supporters" (and I use the term loosely) need a holiday to Sudan to take part in a teddy bear naming competition!

This is why I love football - everyone has a different opinion!

I thought that Gower had (goal apart, it was well taken) a shocker tonight. The number of times he misplaced a pass, was off wandering somewhere instead of staying in position when they had the ball, etc...

Not surprised he got booed. I don't like to boo our own players, but I was shouting a few 'For f**** sake' at him as the evening went on. He's been a good player for us, but I still don't think he's pulling his weight this season, hence the criticism.

Any boo's for Maher, however, were completely unjustified. Thought he had a typical solid game tonight.

No things didnt come off for him as much as they havebut he was making 60 yard runs in the second half and at least giving it all, to say he wasnt pulling his weight is extremely unfair, he ran his socks off in the second half and whilst Im the complete opposite end he looked like he was doing well 1st half too.

He did set up Clarkes "dive/fall over/blatant foul" with pass of the game and a goal after all.

Definitely not deserving of being slated and I think our supporters just want to boo someone these days.

I thought Gower played well tonight. As always he was at the heart of every decent attacking move that we made.

Cost me another fiver in the quid a goal though, the git.

Gower is a legend as far as Im concerned, thought he played well tonight as mentioned above football is all about opinions it would be boring if we all thought the same

No things didnt come off for him as much as they did but he was making 60 yard runs in the second half and at least giving it all, to say he wasnt pulling his weight is extremely unfair, he ran his socks off in the second half.

Definitely not deserving of being slated.

Possibly didn't come across as I wanted it.

I don't think that he did a great job defesively tonight, and against another team that could've been exploited far more.

60 yard passes, yes, he did them well, but there were too many times for me when he didn't get the simple things right.

As for pulling his weight, I meant that he's not playing to the standards that he has set himself in previous seasons. I feel that he needs to if we are indeed to challange for promotion/playoff positions.

i do think it was a bit stern to say you are ashamed to be a southend supporter. it was certainley only a small amount of people booing as hardly anyone even noticed. but to say you are ashamed seems very very harsh

Then you are a disgrace my friend!!!

Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it, however if you where one of the minority who sat behind me and booed them when they ran out of the tunnel and onto the pitch, then that makes you the same as me then.

Suggest you give us a Block please cos you are tarring alot of people with the same brush and I aint having that!

No booing of players from any of the West Stand family blocks. Not us so thats blocks Q & R in the clear.

Ok, we can do it that way. I sit in the front of Block U and didnt hear any booing.

Not someone getting confused with the crowd reaction to Moooooussa's name being announced is it?

Back