• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maher set to rejoin Shrimpers on loan?

KingKev1

Rumours circulating that KingKev is set to rejoin Southend on loan, after finding life tough up north. Maher has missed training several times, also missing a reserve game this midweek, he started the first game of the season, but since warmed the bench, before being dropped from the matchday 16 in the last two games, it is rumoured he has had talks with Tilson earlier this week, with a view to join on loan early next week to bolster the Southend midfield.

Kev's always going to be a legend in my mind but i cant see these rumores coming true and being totally honest i dont know if i would want them to. Yes i love him asmuch as the next southend fan but the teams finally playing soom good stuff, and we seem to have a good squad atmosphere, the last thing we need is to risk that by bringing back someone who caused much contraversy

So with Christophe, Sawyer, Grant, Moose and Macca, Tilson is trying to sign another CM and one that probably wouldnt get in front of any of them. Cant see it happening somehow!

Only heard talk of an initial loan deal.

We allready have 5 on loan and that's all you can field at one time, Tilson released Maher because he wanted someone younger and with more energy so why why why would he want him back ???

Just like Flahavan, he has gone. Now we're looking to progress without them.

Going backwards clearly isn't a step forward.

They're gone. Move on, please. And possibly the reason he is getting frozen out at Oldham is because they have players better than him, as do we.

Umm, exactly what would Kev bring to the squad anyway? IMO not a lot seeing as our midfield now is built around attacking, fast paced, forward thinking players. Not ones with a defensive attitude and a master at the sideways pass.

With Macca back I'm more than happy with the set up we have already and bringing Kev back, with all that's gone on before, would only upset a pretty sturdy apple cart.

Me thinks this may be a bit of Billy Brownstuff here. Oh well, each to their own .

So with Christophe, Sawyer, Grant, Moose and Macca, Tilson is trying to sign another CM and one that probably wouldnt get in front of any of them. Cant see it happening somehow!
behave! kev maher is
1) better technically than big chris, grant and moose in terms of game reading, control of the game, passing ability
2) has the big match experience therefore his experience is priceless

Personally, I thought it was wrong to let him go, but having gone, I'm not sure it would be right to bring him back.

I do worry that 3/4 of our midfield is currently made up of loan players.

Moussa is not getting in the match day squad, nor is Scannell, both being touted as great players for us this season. Furlong can't get a game for the reserves and Grant, also lauded as a great signing, only makes the bench.

Yeovil made a good start last season, but nearly got relegated when half their team, who were loans, disappeared back to their parent clubs in January.

behave! kev maher is
1) better technically than big chris, grant and moose in terms of game reading, control of the game, passing ability

Well these are all things that come with experience so thats hardly surprising. In terms of passing, I disagree with you as Maher's passing usually only went one way and that was the wrong way. And on the other point, we have got Barrett, Clarkey, Betsy, Freedman (etc) in the team who are all extremely experienced players. We do need some youth in the team! Maher was, undoubtedly, a good player a few years ago but his best years are past him imo

behave! kev maher is

Maybe, but having a good technique isn't all that there is to being a centre midfielder. Maher wouldn't get onto our bench right now because he simply doesn't have the mobility.

The number of loanees question means this could potentially be possible if Christophe was heading back, how long was his loan? I really can't see it happening though, if he were to go anywhere, surely it would be back to his mate across the Thames.

Back