• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrustyTheKray

President
I know a Hull city fan and he said they are looking at none other than Kevin Maher. Apparantly they have scouted him on numerous occasions, and Peter Taylor has reportedly been a big Maher fan for a while now. Didn't Hull come in for him just before Kev signed a contract extention?

Peter Taylor likes a Southend player, perhaps he could do a job up at the KC Stadium, along with Cort. Perhaps new surroundings would do him the power of good.

Time will tell.

Might well be truth in it.

Taylor wanted both Cort and Maher last summer but for one reason or another it didn't happen.

I really wouldn't blame him if he went. He's a great midfielder but gets nothing but grief from the majority of Southend fans.

I think we'd be a much worse team without him.

Maher frustrates me. One week he battles away and forces opposing sides to play over the top and then the next week he has the energy of a Duracell Bunny with the batteries in upside down. Trouble is ? I cant really see that Macormack or Gutteridge are really a cut above him. Mac seems to play a lot more forward than Maher which for me is Bentleys position, Gutteridge has Mahers touch and flare but not sure about his energy levels yet, but they dont appear to "command". We'll see. Early days yet. Think we should make sure we get a "better" replacement before we let him wander off.

He should go, show all us idiots how important he is to the team then we can all moan about someone else, maybe Freddy cause we seem to target our better players for some reason
rock.gif

we dont target our better players,
if we did we wouldnt slate maher

We do target our better players if they dare have a bad game! Never seen Che or Petts mentioned, only what i would say are our key players them being Flavs (slated) Barrett (not yet!) Prior (slated) Maher (slated) Gower (slated) and Freddy (again not yet), but wait! Next season maybe when Freddy is going through a drought and Barrett isn't scoring.

Cant see it to be honest, Hull will be in the Championship next season and I dont think Maher could cut it week in week out at that level (before someone has a go at me i've got nothing against Killer).

I think people who can't see what he adds to our team need to educate themselves on the game. So he isn't the best at charging forward or have neat little flicks, but he dictates our whole tempo and when Maher plays we play and when he doesn't we struggle, looking at our league position i'd say hes doing ok, also high up in assists in the league I believe. He's our captain and longest serving player, shown loyalty when others have left. So maybe we should thank our lucky stars we have such a loyal determined ball winner in our team. Rather than slate him into leaving?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 12 2005,21:30)]we dont target our better players,
if we did we wouldnt slate maher
Try watching a game properly and then you may realise that Maher is one of our better players !

if maher is one of our better players then the rest must SH!T..
he is the single worst player on the pitch apart from micky g and possibly Chee Wilson and lewis hunt,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 12 2005,21:48)]if maher is one of our better players then the rest must SH!T..
he is the single worst player on the pitch apart from micky g and possibly Super Cheese Wilson and lewis hunt, then maybe wayne gray..
Trying to figure out if CSJ is serious or stupid! ....not so sure!

perhaps your so far up maher's arse... you cant tell anything anymore i am serious,
apart from the wayne gray bit

I'm not up Mahers arse.... just appreciate what he brings to the team, maybe if we conducted a poll we'd see just who's in the minority eh?!

have already done that in a previous post.. and the results were in favour of getting rid of maher
maher does nothing for the club, never has and never will..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ April 12 2005,21:58)]I'm not up Mahers arse.... just appreciate what he brings to the team, maybe if we conducted a poll we'd see just who's in the minority eh?!
been there done that I believe.

This rumour appears every season about this time of year ...

WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back