• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maher/Warren/Cort

benfleet shrimper

i know there is much speculation surrounding many players at the hall, especially since the departure of leon con.
who would you least like to leave out or maher, warren or cort?
rock.gif

Gotta say that's a tough question there.

I love Mark Warrens Passion for the game.

Corty I feel will get better-yes I said better- but he does need to step up a division, (maybe two but for that not next season.)

Maher is the calm in the equation.

Personally for character i'd hate to see Warren leave. On an objective professional basis i'd hate to see Maher leave.
But I think if we kept Cort he'd be the better for a future investment/ sale.

Hence...this is a tough question.

I therefore cite the wisdom of Trevor Brooking and sit with a tin of ronseal upon a row of heavenly creosoted panels.

Wouldn't be too bothered about Cort leaving, I think Edwards can cover his duties

A toughie between Warren and Maher. But I'd say I'd be able to deal with Warren leaving better than Maher. He is our Captain Fantastic and we need him and his ability in midfield.

Maher would probably be our biggest loss as this past season he has really commanded the team as captain and as a fortress in midfield.:p

Personally wnat all to stay, but would be must worried about Maher leaving.

Does anyone know how good Edwards was at Peterboro efore he left or for Rushden towards the end of the season?

He was part of a Boro team that was on course for relegation then he went to R&D who got relgated! I know Rushden had a lot of problems on and off the field but were any dur to Edwards in any way??

Any one got the gossip from the Boro/Rushden boards??

If Edwards isn't as good as I remember I may become more worried about the loss of Cort!

rushden werent to said to see him go...so is that a good thing or a bad thing?
rock.gif

In think we need a change from Maher, as good as he has been since Christmas. We channel everything through him and become too predictable... hence when he doesn't play we look lost. He also gets booked and suspended too often.

Warren is full of passion as well as cortizone and paracetamol... I think he's a great asset but is so unreliable injury-wise

Therefore Cort is my choice, simply because of his aerial dominance and availability... plus I think next season he will be as good as he was LAST season (2002/3)... he wasn't particularly great up to January in this campaign.

Im completley stuck on this, as i would prefer, if possible for them all to stay. But i feel that Warren may be on his way ro Hornchurch, but i hope not seeing the effort and passion he does put in. Leon Cort i feel is a good defender, but he doesn't show as much passion as Warren. Maher i feel is essential, as not only is he the club captain, but also our longest serving player, and maybe a role model to the younger player's. His experience especially in this league i feel is needed, even though he does get given too many booking because of the way he mouths off to refs!
rock.gif

Maher 7 years hes been here now, to see him leave would be heartbreaking especally if he went to an average team(e.g peterbrough).

I wouldnt be too concerned to see either cort or warren left especally if we could bring Roget back.

Id most like to see Maher stay, then Cort, then Warren.

Maher is a good positive influence on the team....Cort, has been good but Im sure we can pick up another lumbering big defender who aint to good on the ball.

Warren plays with passion but im sure we could get someone taller, quicker, or better (Hunt?) (plus I suspect Warren is on a fairly decent wage as he dropped down a division to come here).

Maher by a mile.

Not even bothered about Cort we can easily get someone as good if not better, would like to keep Warren though he puts himself about quite well.

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Want all to stay, but Maher would be the biggest loss. Cort&#39;s still young, so that even&#39;s out him and Warren - couldn&#39;t choose between those two.</span>

warren is one of the few players who puts his head/feet/testicles in where it hurts,i think he plays with more desire and a will 2 win than any other blue over the last few years,if we had 11 lads with his commitment we&#39;d be doing alright in division 2.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Maher 7 years hes been here now, to see him leave would be heartbreaking especally if he went to an average team(e.g peterbrough).

Maher has been talking to fat Fry regarding a move to peterborough............

Back