• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maher - What's the truth?

shrimpereeee

First XI
I know this isn't the first thread on Maher but everyone at the club appears to be sworn to secrecy.

I've been given three different answers. I don't know if any or all of them are true.

1. A training ground bust up with Moussa which led to Maher being disciplined and banned internally from playing. This appears to be well documented.

2. That playing one more game would trigger a right to a new contract. Obviously this would cause problems for the club if he was going through the disciplinary procedure. Fancy having to discipline a player at the same time as negotiating a new contract.

3. An altercation with Foran. Something to do with Gower I'm told. To say anything more online may be libellous.

I don't know what to believe. Can anyone shed any light on this, once and for all?

:sherlock:

1. The training ground bust up with Moussa is pretty much bang on cofirmed. I think/know there is more to it than meets the eye though which wont be posted on here ( EVER! ) due to those old libellous reasons!!

2. Not heard that one ...

3. As for this one ... there is some kind of triangle of events here, if you catch my drift!

Kev

History

1. The training ground bust up with Moussa is pretty much bang on cofirmed. I think/know there is more to it than meets the eye though which wont be posted on here ( EVER! ) due to those old libellous reasons!!

2. Not heard that one ...

3. As for this one ... there is some kind of triangle of events here, if you catch my drift!

Kev

Why fascination with the past, Kev.

He will not return from loan, so it's over.

The King is Dead, long live Barrett.

I hate all this bull**** of "I know something but arnt allowed to say" crap.

All this **** about libellous wouldnt have been mentioned about 5 years ago but since we've gone up afew divisions we've become a billy big bollocks club who demand fans keep there mouths shut.

Bloody ridiculous. Cant say what you want in this world anymore, ****in ****es me off. We'll all be tagged with chips under our skins soon to check where abouts we are in the world, what we're saying and what we're doing at all times.

****in bull****.

All this **** about libellous wouldnt have been mentioned about 5 years ago but since we've gone up afew divisions we've become a billy big bollocks club who demand fans keep there mouths shut.

Bloody ridiculous. Cant say what you want in this world anymore, ****in ****es me off. We'll all be tagged with chips under our skins soon to check where abouts we are in the world, what we're saying and what we're doing at all times.

****in bull****.

Couldn't agree more what we cant say is that ******* has been *******

*******. Hope that makes things clearer. ******** censorship who ******* needs it

To be honest, does it really matter anymore?

Shame and all that it ended this way, but due to the nature of forums it's now all hearsay and we'll never likely know who's telling the truth and who's opening cans of worms unnecessarily.

Maybe when this Diana enquiry finishes there'll be some cash left in the pot and they could start Mahergate

i've heard all three of these rumours. who's knows which one is true though.

I've heard a fourth rumour as well and very libellous it is too, unless it's true.

I'll start a fifth rumour though. Ron will see the light and realise that the success of the last few seasons was built around the contribution that Kev has made to the club and the fans will DEMAND that Captain Kev comes back to lead us to victory at Wembley in the play-offs

****in bull****.

Because we've become a "billy big bollocks club"?

Pull your head out of your **** mate, up until recently the laws on libel referring to internet posts where pretty loose, but over the last year or two they've been tightened and anything posted on a website that is defamatory without just cause (i.e., it's a fair statement to make such as "He was poor today" or it being the truth) can be sued for, and it's the website and it's owners that have to foot the bill.

If you're willing to foot the bill for the lawsuits that will come, then go ahead and make your own forum.

From the horses mouth.. the bust up is 100%, he then had a falling out with tilly, but was pretty calm and confident about getting back in the fold, this was said by him after the bournemouth game.

****in bull****.

Totally agree!

It's got silly.

It's a forum and gossip is what it's all about.

surely whatever is "alleged" can be said in the chat room, wont stay up there for long?

Why fascination with the past, Kev.

He will not return from loan, so it's over.

The King is Dead, long live Barrett.

Kev has been a fixture at Roots Hall for nearly a decade. He has largely won over the fans (me included) after a poor start and has gone on to be the most successful captain in the club's history. He is still worth a place in the match day squad, if not the team.

I, for one, am sad to see him take no part in our push for a play off and fear he may be gone for good without being told why and without getting a chance to bid him a fitting farewell (and I don't mean a quick presentation to the crowd before kick off!).

That's why I'm fascinated and would like an answer.

I know this isn't the first thread on Maher but everyone at the club appears to be sworn to secrecy.

I've been given three different answers. I don't know if any or all of them are true.

1. A training ground bust up with Moussa which led to Maher being disciplined and banned internally from playing. This appears to be well documented.

2. That playing one more game would trigger a right to a new contract. Obviously this would cause problems for the club if he was going through the disciplinary procedure. Fancy having to discipline a player at the same time as negotiating a new contract.

3. An altercation with Foran. Something to do with Gower I'm told. To say anything more online may be libellous.

I don't know what to believe. Can anyone shed any light on this, once and for all?

:sherlock:

I heard i while back from a mate who spoke with someone from inside the club that the second rumour is the reason as to why he has not played and will not take any further part in the team.

Kev has been a fixture at Roots Hall for nearly a decade. He has largely won over the fans (me included) after a poor start and has gone on to be the most successful captain in the club's history. He is still worth a place in the match day squad, if not the team.

I, for one, am sad to see him take no part in our push for a play off and fear he may be gone for good without being told why and without getting a chance to bid him a fitting farewell (and I don't mean a quick presentation to the crowd before kick off!).

There are more questions than answers.

He had his golden season last year and numerous highlights at 3 Cardiff finals

Was a great servant and deserving of recognistion of course but the club is bigger than one single player, whatever the reason for his departure.

Back