• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maher- would you consider selling him??

I could not understand why Kevin was ever dropped in the first place. What is clear to me that he may have the Captains armband but isn't the Captain on the field and it is time he was. Think Kevin has been harshly treated he may not have been quite on his game at the start of the season but how many of the team were ?

Kevin is good enough and deserves the chance to break all the Clubs appearance records. Yes he will need another contract but if he wants one he will get it. As for a transfer fee forget it he is out of contract at the end of the season and would leave for nothing. He is certainly not going in January with a Testimonial round the corner.

Maher was dropped because it became more and more apparent that he wasn't as good a player as either Alan McCormack or Nicky Bailey and nothing he has done since he got back into the side four matches ago has suggested that that decision was wrong.

i wouldn't consider selling him, i would be more happy to either have him shipped away... and dosposed of to a non league side, or pay someone to take him

I think a blip of a few months for a player who's been one of our best over the last 3-4 seasons is not reason enough to contemplate offloading him. Players in his mould can usually play into their mid 30's as pace has never been part of his game, I expect Kev to be back in the team before the season is over.

Perhaps a change of club would benefit Maher now?

Also as Bob Paisley once said "Every players legs go eventually, just make sure that does not happen while he is at your club" - in other words move players out while you can still get money for them and let them fade out elsewhere.

Maher has been a great servant to this club but perhaps his time even if it has not come already is almost over at Southend.

Maher on the brink of a testimonial game, he wouldnt go anywhere even if we did try to sell him, which by the way would be ridiculous I love the bloke and even as a third choice mid it not bad

Well,i still don't know why Kev was dropped in the first place.Hardly his fault for the slack marking v Tranny,thought at the time we bossed the game but let them back into it with usual sloppy marking,with Richards going sleepy for the winner.
Thought our team looked it's best with Kev partnering Nicky in the middle and Alan + Marky out on the flanks.We were scoring from all over the pitch,Macca was hitting the net regularly,Bailey was chipping in,Leon couldn't stop scoring and our issues really were with sorting out our defence,especially at set-pieces.
This is our best midfield in my eyes,because they all know what's required and can trust each other to do their jobs.Now,stick Leon upfront with Morgan,put Richards in the middle with Barrett,Hunty and Hammy either side and a bigger keeper in Colly behind them and watch us climb the table again.
I'm predicting big things coming up with these home games...

Come on you Southend!
Sell Maher? He's just been having a breather,that's all!

Sell Maher?:hilarious: :hilarious: :fart:

Maher- would you consider selling him??
----
Nope. Ozzy said he was disappointed with Tilson for playing 3 central mids, then Maher goes and gets two assists and mccormack two goals, and we all know what Bailey adds to our game.

He's a class player, if it was my choice he wouldn't be going anwhere.

i wouldn't consider selling him, i would be more happy to either have him shipped away... and dosposed of to a non league side, or pay someone to take him

Is there any of our players you do like?!:confused: ;)

Back