• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimper loz

First XI
Is maher suspeneded for the Mk Dons game as he picked up another yellow card at Vale yesterday? If so then hopefully Smithy will be able to cement his place in the side and barrett take over the captaincy.............

Here here, his negative play and crap shooting are 2 good reasons to leave him out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Nov. 27 2005,21:14)]Here here, his negative play and crap shooting are 2 good reasons to leave him out!
Its obvious you've never played football. Every team to beat us either has to man mark Maher or Kev just not have a good game. Clearly our most influential player

He has been crap for the last 4 games but seems excempt from the axe. Lets see how a rest does him as we have adequate permutations in midfield!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Nov. 28 2005,08:21)]He has been crap for the last 4 games but seems excempt from the axe. Lets see how a rest does him as we have adequate permutations in midfield!
Shock! I actually agree with Wiggy!

Maher has been awful for a few games now, on Saturday he was completely ineffective for the first half. I really think that even if he isn't suspended for the MK Dons game that he should drop to the bench, Swansea dropped their captain and didn't do so badly, and maybe dropping Maher will give him the kick up the ar$e he seems to need at the moment.

I hope Maher's dropped on Saturday - it's a game with no points at stake so I don't (particularly) care if we lose and hopefully, all the Maher haters will then realise what he brings to the team and understand why he should always be the first name on the teamsheet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Nov. 28 2005,08:21)]He has been crap for the last 4 games but seems excempt from the axe. Lets see how a rest does him as we have adequate permutations in midfield!
Wiggy can you advise if you have seen all 4 games. If not please go back to the Col U board.
I'm convinced Wiggy is a closet Col U or Orient fan who comes on just to wind us up. But then ..............I've met a lot of Blues fans like him.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Nov. 28 2005,11:19)]
[b said:
Wiggy can you advise if you have seen all 4 games. If not please go back to the Col U board.
I'm convinced Wiggy is a closet Col U or Orient fan who comes on just to wind us up. But then ..............I've met a lot of Blues fans like him.
down.gif
I think Wiggy should be referred to as her, rather than him. Or at least I hope so, as on another thread she/he refers to giving her/his boyfriend a hand-shandy whilst listening to the Port Vale game on BBC Essex.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Nov. 28 2005,11:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Nov. 28 2005,11:19)]
[b said:
down.gif
I think Wiggy should be referred to as her, rather than him. Or at least I hope so, as on another thread she/he refers to giving her/his boyfriend a hand-shandy whilst listening to the Port Vale game on BBC Essex.
it takes all sorts
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Actually I am probably being unfair on Wiggy. Or possibly not. Basically it's the dogmatic line that runs through all his posts that drive me mental. The so and so's crap or the team played with no passion threads drive me demented as it doesn't really help us as fans understand why Saturday's performance was poor. Even Tilly was upset that we didn'y play until 20 minutes from the end.
If he/she had said something along the lines of, "I wasn't at the game but understand from a good friend who was there whose opinion I respect that we did not play well. He said that we rely so much on Maher that opposition managers are clearly targetting him for special treatment which means he has less time on the ball and plays too many rushed hopeful balls. Maybe it's time to recognise this and experiment a little. What about etc etc"

You get my drift.
rock.gif

[b said:
He's been **** for the last 4 years. Let alone 4 games

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 28 2005,11:42)]
[b said:
no one's gonna bite CSJ. I'd give up if I were you
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 28 2005,11:42)]
[b said:
surely it's sh!te
tounge.gif

No-ones saying sell him, just 'rest' him for a game to freshen things up a bit. He has been playing poorly so he should be benched just like anyone else would be, regardless of him being Captain.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper loz @ Nov. 27 2005,18:46)]Is maher suspeneded for the Mk Dons game as he picked up another yellow card at Vale yesterday?
Unless I've missed it under the weight of the rest of the wiggymania that gets posted on this sh!te, sorry I mean site, no one has answered the original point.

Nope that was his 4th booking of the season, so he's not suspended.  As he's available he'll be the 1st name on the teamsheet, even if that does mean that he'll have to play in goal.  Anyone who doesn't agree is a moronic brainless **** who basically shouldn't be allowed within 300 miles of Roots Hall, or words to that effect.  Isn't that right ORM?  
rock.gif

Maher is southend through-and-through. He has been the lynch-pin of our team for a long time now and leads by example. Unfortunately for the past few weeks that example has been a poor one. He has looked very uncomfortable with out Gutts next to him and hasn't had any influence in any of the past 4 games. Goater had a poor couple of games and as a result was dropped for the Forest game. Shouldn't the same apply to Maher? It shouldn't matter who you are if you are not performaing and in fact hinder the team in some aspects then you shouldn't start. We have the advantage of having some good quality midfielders who can take his place and they should be used. It will also set an examplt to the rest of the team - it doesn't matter who you are, if you don't perform you don't play.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 28 2005,12:54)]We have the advantage of having some good quality midfielders who can take his place and they should be used.
Like who? Jay Smith is an attacking midfielder, and while Mark Bentley is a good tackler, I don't think he has the positional discipline or passing ability to play in the Maher role. That leaves Carl Pettefer, who is probably the most realistic option, but I simply don't see him stamping his authority on the midfield like Maher does.

Back