• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Farmer Fossett

Youth Team⭐
I was reading one of the free newspapers they hand out at Liverpool Street and it mentioned that Gillingham are keen to sign Maher over the summer. This has been confirmed by a couple of Gillingham season ticket holders I work with.

If it is confirmed that he has played his last game for the club which from reading the forum many believe, it would be a fitting end after 10 years great service to the club for him to be introduced to the crowd at the home play off match (I assume he will not get a testimonial if he leaves for another club).

This will probably get moved to 'ex-shrimpers' soon! But, I just had a look at Maher's profile on the Gills page (weird to see him in the Gills kit :( )... says he got a straight red on his debut for a bad tackle!

Same old Kev!

i think he should still have a testomonial maybe a current southned 11 vs. old southend 11 (gillingham) lol

roy kean got a tesomonial at united he played for celtic so why not give maher one?

His last contract included a testimonial IIRC. So he will be getting one. Still got Spencer Prior's one too.

His last contract included a testimonial IIRC. So he will be getting one. Still got Spencer Prior's one too.

If Southend do not give King Kev a testimonial match it will be an outrage.

I am sure that it will all be sorted out as part of the deal when he eventually does put pen to paper for the Gills and the right thing will be done. Kev (and ourselves as fans) owe it to each other to be able to say goodbye properly to one of the best players ever to wear a Southend shirt in the proper and appropriate manner his loyal service warrants.

I trust the club will respond favourably to this also when the time comes also and announce plans for a game upon King Kev's departure from Blues.

If Southend do not give King Kev a testimonial match it will be an outrage.

I am sure that it will all be sorted out as part of the deal when he eventually does put pen to paper for the Gills and the right thing will be done. Kev (and ourselves as fans) owe it to each other to be able to say goodbye properly to one of the best players ever to wear a Southend shirt in the proper and appropriate manner his loyal service warrants.

I trust the club will respond favourably to this also when the time comes also and announce plans for a game upon King Kev's departure from Blues.
Spot on. I can remember, not so long ago,when we had no midfield at all when Kev was not available. There was times when in his prime, he could moved on, but didnt, he stuck with Southend when we really needed him.

I actually think that captain kev will comeback to the club for two reasons.

(1) My gills mate(a season ticket holder) reckons they are crap and are definatly going down, and I am not sure that kevin will want to play in div2 again. He only played one game so far and as been on the bench since and I.M.H.O. he has got to be better than what they have got all ready. If it was not for macca and bailey and the upcoming mooooooose, he would be in the side, definatley.
(2) If we get promoted i feel he would relish another chance in the championship, even if it would be 3rd/4th choice. He is still a very good player and a lot of people underestimate how good he can play. He was one of our best players in the championship last year and even at 31/32? he still as a lot to offer!

Start the King Kev Testimonial petition now,not many players stay at a club for 10 years and the guy did a great job for us over that time.I have always been a big fan even when he was getting a slating from the other fans.Was our midfield for a number of years.That said the writing was always on the wall when we got Macca and Bailey in who in my opinion are the best centre midfield combo we have had for a number of years.The King is dead long live the King.

In my humble opinion Maher is easily 1st choice replacement if Bailey & Macca got injured.

Still not convinced about Moussa to be honest & besides him who else is there to realistically fill the gap?

Bailey & Macca are 2 young players who are now rightly coming into their prime.
Kev is now 31 (32 in October) & has had a damn good run in the team but is now at the start of a natural decline in his career;that happens to a lot of quality players.

The man should be properly thanked for giving us the best years of his career & fully deserves a testimonial, I'm 100% behind this.

Reckon we should petition the club on this one!!

He will probably get one but it wont be sometime soon. Ronnie Pountney waited about 10 years for his and he had retired!!

Kev will be old and grey when his comes around. Spinner will probably be pushing up the daisies by the time the club get round to him.

I hear Sandy Anderson is next on the list. Oh well, better late than never.

wonder sometimes why kev was kicked out my main thinking is that it's because tilson paid money for mucca and mr invisible bailey, i know people will think i'm wrong but, their ain't alot of control in middle of park when needed shudder everytime mucca goes in for a tackle coz he half a yard away from 2 yellows and only notice bailey when he scores or does a last ditch tackle. only other reason for both to be infront of kev is they score goals, both of their distribution nowhere as good as king kev.

wonder sometimes why kev was kicked out my main thinking is that it's because tilson paid money for mucca and mr invisible bailey, i know people will think i'm wrong but, their ain't alot of control in middle of park when needed shudder everytime mucca goes in for a tackle coz he half a yard away from 2 yellows and only notice bailey when he scores or does a last ditch tackle. only other reason for both to be infront of kev is they score goals, both of their distribution nowhere as good as king kev.

What Nicky Bailey have you been watching all season? Obviously not the runaway player of the year and possibly best player in the division that I have!

Actually I think I've been reeled in. Caught hook, line and sinker.

No way can he think that about Bailey and was only looking for a reaction......fair play sir, I was the first to bite.

I was reading one of the free newspapers they hand out at Liverpool Street and it mentioned that Gillingham are keen to sign Maher over the summer. This has been confirmed by a couple of Gillingham season ticket holders I work with.
QUOTE]

Probably the same paper that seems to think Alex Revell is going to start every Saturday. Well in contention to start after coming on as a sub the week before!

Back