• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Maidenhead United v Southend United, Tuesday 7th February 2023, 19:45ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Blondy Nna Noukeu

Votes: 44 80.0%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 46 83.6%
  • Kacper Łopata

• Ollie Kensdale

• Nathan Ralph

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Bridge

• Cav Miley

• Noor Husin

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Rhys Murphy

Votes: 43 78.2%
  • Jake Hyde

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Dan Mooney

• ….

• ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping tonight's stream holds up nicely. If fuel/train costs were not so high I'd love to tick off another ground.

I think we would do well to come away with a draw. Hobson, Kensdale and Lopata in the CB places please, Jack Bridge back to LWB where he is most effective.

Cardwell and Murphy up front, presuming Rhys is fit enough to play again so soon after Sat.

Last edited:
Just about to leave and hopefully it is more fun than last season’s trip which went downhill after leaving the pub. Scary thought this could be my last ever away game so going for a 1-2 win.

Their manager must be a miracle worker if he can get these 5 playing decent football.

We should be turning teams like this over if we are to do anything this season but obviously Maher has to play the game with his comments.

2-0 Southend tonight.
I think a couple of them were better than what we witnessed from them in a SUFC shirt.

Sam Barratt and ANG especially, both tricky and decent wingers on their day. I also thought Kane Ferdinand would be playing at a higher level than NL at this stage of his career.

Hoping tonight's stream holds up nicely. If fuel/train costs were not so high I'd love to tick off another ground.

I think we would do well to come away with a draw. Hobson, Kensdale and Lopata in the CB places please, Jack Bridge back to LWB where he is most effective.

Cardwell and Murphy up front, presuming Rhys is fit enough to play again so soon after Sat.

Group saver from Southend on the Liz line £22 return

Group saver from Southend on the Liz line £22 return
Forgot about the Elizabeth line. How many people you need to get that? I'd probably be travelling alone most people I sit with do home games only.

I think a couple of them were better than what we witnessed from them in a SUFC shirt.

Sam Barratt and ANG especially, both tricky and decent wingers on their day. I also thought Kane Ferdinand would be playing at a higher level than NL at this stage of his career.
I thought they were all bang average at this level and as for the striker..... Him and Badship were quite possibly the worst striking partnership I have ever had the misfortune to witness at the Hall and that's saying something.

Found this

“It has emerged that the profits from the service will be divided up with 60 per cent going to the club that a viewer supports, while 25 per cent will be redistributed across all of the 72 National League clubs and 15 per cent will be retained by the National League for ‘reinvestment in the infrastructure of streaming, marketing and phase one of North and South clubs).”

courtesy of Derbyshire Times.

So we get £5 per person at £9.95.
I think we get £5.70 from £9.50 then a cut of the 25%.

Barratt was brilliant at this level a few years ago and then got an injury. I think he was one of the top goalscorers of the league that season with a load of assists too.

ANG was/is and interesting one. We still don't know what went on there with the latter part of this time with us. It ranged from everyone unofficially concluding it was a mental health issue, to it not being that at all. It's never formally been confirmed. Never showed that he was football league material but can definitely do a job at this level.

As for Ferdinand, some say he got the move to Peterborough because of his name, some say his undoubted talent was never fully harnessed because of his attitude and application. I always felt there was definitely a good player in there, he just failed to replicate it consistently. Then again, that's probably why he has settled at this level.

As for Aquah and McCoulsky, they are National League players and will do half decent at this level.

People say Devonshire has worked wonders with that kind of squad, well Maher has done even better. Our squad is now made up of players from leagues below ours. When opposing mangers and fans look at our team on paper, they haven't got a clue. Maher and co have worked equally as well as a manager like Devonshire when you bare in mind the respective expectations.

Last edited:
I thought they were all bang average at this level and as for the striker..... Him and Badship were quite possibly the worst striking partnership I have ever had the misfortune to witness at the Hall and that's saying something.

Acquah has scored 9 goals so far this season. Two more than our top strikers Powell and Bridge.

Forgot about the Elizabeth line. How many people you need to get that? I'd probably be travelling alone most people I sit with do home games only.
minimum of 3. You could have jumped in with us but we are already on the way. Stopping in Ealing for beer and dinner.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to stream the match tonight on the new National League service please? Never done it before but tonight may well be the first. Thanks in advance.

minimum of 3. You could have jumped in with us but we are already on the way. Stopping in Ealing for beer and dinner.
I'll see if a few mates fancy a last minute Tuesday night outing. National League football away at Maidenhead might be a bit of a hard sell though 😂

Can anyone offer any advice on how to stream the match tonight on the new National League service please? Never done it before but tonight may well be the first. Thanks in advance.
This link takes you to where you register and cough up £9.50 - and that's about it.
Note the first option is to open a pub and stream it for £180!
You might be pushed to do so afore kick-off!

Amazed at the level of support for "Riss the Miss" Murphy to be in the squad ahead of Mr Hyde. Maybe I get a different perspective in the East Greens but from my seat Rhys looks a bit lazy in play, half hearted in the air, not a natural goal scorer and lacking hold and lay-off skills. Obviously no-one creates goal-scoring opportunities by blocking a keeper's drop kick with their arse like he demonstrated v Aldershot last season, but that sort of talent is rarely called upon. Let's hope if he gets another chance tonight inside the six yard box, he manages to hit the inside of the post. (This is a purely personal view and I acknowledge that other forum members may see him as potential international material)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back