• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Alan

Schoolboy
PB after:Jimmy Smith-Orient, George Porter-Burnley, Conor Hourihane-Plymouth, Ryan Dickinson-Southampton and Joel Grant- Wycombe......lets wait and see!!

We shall wait and see, but it is from that unbelievably unreliable website.

Jimmy Smith - Actually is unattached as his contract was terminated at Orient, wouldn't say no to him TBH
George Porter - Was on loan at Colchester & still got 2 years left on his contract so would he join a league two club? Doubt it
Conor Hourihane - Recently voted Young POTY at Plymouth and not sure if still under contract.
Ryan Dickinson - Do you mean Ryan Dickson? Who is currently on loan at Bradford and contract runs out in summer I believe (signed 3 year deal in 2010)
Joel Grant - Contract expires in summer too and can play winger or striker.

Hope some of them are true, but not getting my hopes up.

This website also says we are going for Tom Craddock, but that was possibly taken from a thread on here and has this too:

Ins:

Charlie Sheringham - Bournemouth
Matt Duke - Bradford
Cameron Belford - Bury
Ricky Shakes - Kidderminster Harriers
Paul Benson - Swindon
Ben Reeves - Southampton - Permanent Move

Outs:

Bilel Mohsni - Released -> Swansea City & Crawley Town Are Interested
Alex Woodyard - Released -> Braintree Town - Permanent Move
Mickey Spillane - Released -> Dagenham & Redbridge
Elliot Benyon - Released -> Torquay United/Accrington Stanley
John Spicer - Released -> Mansfield Town
Britt Assombalonga - Returning To Watford FC
Matthew Lund - Returning To Stoke City

Not sure why we would get 2 goalkeepers, unless Smith and Bentley are moving on and Chambers is going out on loan.

Wouldn't have thought we could meet Paul Benson's likely salary requirements...

Wouldn't have thought we could meet Paul Benson's likely salary requirements...

A 33 year old striker who could command a high wage, has had injury troubles and the fans would like him to sign. Remind anyone of a current player?

Not bothered really about spec, hearsay, rumours etc. Let Brown go about his business and see what he props up with within the budget afforded to him. When news breaks we'll know.

The last tribunal we went to for a club to finalise a fee was Anthony Straker. We paid too much.

Wycombe supporting friend reckons grant will head to l1, probably orient

I know it from that dodgy site, but this does seem at least half-believable:

03 May 2013 10:32:27
Ron Martin is desparate for Southend United to get promoted next season, and has been dissapointed by results so far under new manager Phil Brown. He will back the manager in the transfer market, but will expect to see an immediate improvement. Martin is keeping one eye on Newport manager, and former Southend United player, Justin Edingburgh as a potential replacement.

That's someone just taken snippets from here and put them all together to come up with that ********!

I know it from that dodgy site, but this does seem at least half-believable:

03 May 2013 10:32:27
Ron Martin is desparate for Southend United to get promoted next season, and has been dissapointed by results so far under new manager Phil Brown. He will back the manager in the transfer market, but will expect to see an immediate improvement. Martin is keeping one eye on Newport manager, and former Southend United player, Justin Edingburgh as a potential replacement.

BULL PIT!!! :happy:

We shall wait and see, but it is from that unbelievably unreliable website.

Jimmy Smith - Actually is unattached as his contract was terminated at Orient, wouldn't say no to him TBH
George Porter - Was on loan at Colchester & still got 2 years left on his contract so would he join a league two club? Doubt it
Conor Hourihane - Recently voted Young POTY at Plymouth and not sure if still under contract.
Ryan Dickinson - Do you mean Ryan Dickson? Who is currently on loan at Bradford and contract runs out in summer I believe (signed 3 year deal in 2010)
Joel Grant - Contract expires in summer too and can play winger or striker.

Hope some of them are true, but not getting my hopes up.

George loved it at Colchester and if he goes anywhere I think it would be to Colchester or Bournemouth because Eddie Howe really rates him, he has not had much of a chance at Burnley.

Matt Heath has been released by us today he would be a very good experienced defender for a league 2 club.

Back