• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood23

Youth Team
After yesterday's post of Southend's last few games, the topic of another team having to 'slip up' arose. Therefore, I thought it would make sense to predict the surrounding teams last few matches and see if we can overtake them. I predicted Southend would gain 16-19 points till the end of the season and thus leaving us on 67-70 points. Here are the 5 teams above us and we can have an idea if we could overtake any of them? I couldn't be bothered to put their fixtures in for each team....

Rotherham: LWLDWWLDWLWW Final Points: 77 points

Cheltenham: WLWLLWLDLD Final Points: 69 points

Northampton: WDLDWLLWLW Final Points: 72 points

Exeter: LDWDLDWWDDW Final Points: 75 points

Burton: WLWDWDDWLW Final Points: 77 points

Therefore, it would seem that Cheltenham are the team that are most likely to slip up. Obviously this is football and anything could happen but it would seem that it's going to be very close between us and Cheltenham for that last place.

Don't forget Bradford. If they win those two games in hand and they'll +2 above us.

Whilst I very much appreciate the time and effort you've put into the estimation of our rivals finishing form, it sadly means diddly-squat if we can't manage to get even back to back wins. For other sides form to matter to us would require a massive turn around in form for us and dare I say an enormous leap in belief that we are capable of doing it.

Whilst I very much appreciate the time and effort you've put into the estimation of our rivals finishing form, it sadly means diddly-squat if we can't manage to get even back to back wins. For other sides form to matter to us would require a massive turn around in form for us and dare I say an enormous leap in belief that we are capable of doing it.

Yogi,
Unlike you to be so pessimistic.Must be Monday.:winking:

And don't forget the inevitable dip as Wembley approaches. If we lose at Vale it's oversville.....

Yogi,
Unlike you to be so pessimistic.Must be Monday.:winking:

Sadly realistic more than pessimistic, I'm afraid that Saturday was an enormous knock to my faith. I would liken it to a General Election when, as the night progresses, the party you follow fails to capture target contsituences. You still hang onto the belief that the established trend will miraculously be bucked ..............sadly it never tends to happen.

Form can change in a flash. Until the game at Burton Albion we didn't look like we would lose many games and end up with 80 odd points at the end of the season.

What is to say we can't now go on a good run and pick up 21-22 points from the last 11 games. We have a lot (and I mean a lot) of home games that we should win.

Not to say that we will, but we really could could get 13-15 points from these 6 games.

Wimbledon (6 away wins)
Plymouth (3 away wins)
Torquay (3 away wins)
Fleetwood (7 away wins)
Bristol Rovers (4 away wins)
Morecombe (6 away wins)

Form can change in a flash. Until the game at Burton Albion we didn't look like we would lose many games and end up with 80 odd points at the end of the season.

What is to say we can't now go on a good run and pick up 21-22 points from the last 11 games. We have a lot (and I mean a lot) of home games that we should win.

Not to say that we will, but we really could could get 13-15 points from these 6 games.

Wimbledon
Plymouth
Torquay
Fleetwood
Bristol Rovers
Morecombe

Quite right and there's a good chance Tomlin and Laird will be available this Saturday! What's the latest on Tamika M returning to the club? It's gone a bit quiet on that front!

Sadly realistic more than pessimistic, I'm afraid that Saturday was an enormous knock to my faith. I would liken it to a General Election when, as the night progresses, the party you follow fails to capture target contsituences. You still hang onto the belief that the established trend will miraculously be bucked ..............sadly it never tends to happen.

You're telling us that the Basildon result is in, aren't you. You're telling us that our promotion prospects have gone Tory, that austerity is replacing our early-season optimism. Port Vale at home looks like a shoe-in for Portillo. Am I taking this metaphor too far?

You're telling us that the Basildon result is in, aren't you. You're telling us that our promotion prospects have gone Tory, that austerity is replacing our early-season optimism. Port Vale at home looks like a shoe-in for Portillo. Am I taking this metaphor too far?

I just wonder what Vincent Hanna would have made of it all and where our promotion hopes would lay on the swingometer?

Bloody hope so.I've booked flights over for the last home game against Morecambe.It's not over until the fat lady stops singing.:smiles:

Indeed it's not over...would people be a bit more positive if Cheltenham lose or only get 1 point from their next two games eh?! All the top teams still have today each other and if I'm correct, Port Vale and Gillingham can do a lot of favours by beating some of the teams currently occupying the playoff places! It's FAR from over!........Just look at QPR...I'm sure most people had written us off! ;)

Indeed it's not over...would people be a bit more positive if Cheltenham lose or only get 1 point from their next two games eh?! All the top teams still have today each other and if I'm correct, Port Vale and Gillingham can do a lot of favours by beating some of the teams currently occupying the playoff places! It's FAR from over!........Just look at QPR...I'm sure most people had written us off! ;)

I've written you off away to Fulham in April.:winking:

I'm afraid I've written us off on current form, we arent consistent enough and the teams above are continually picking up points. I wouldnt write off Oxford yet as the team that comes with a late run from nowhere, especially given thier last couple of results !

Play Offs? Forget it, they have Wembleyitice and will not be putting it in until after then I'm afraid, Look what happened to Bradford when they got that disease.

We'll probably be in a much better position to judge in four games time. I realise we've had a poor record against the bottom sides so far but we really, really should be picking up maximum points against Torquay, Plymouth and Wimbledon. If so, and we get something at Vale Park on Saturday, we'll be right back in the mix. And a further plus - almost literally - is that our goal difference is the third joint highest in the division; if we can win those three games convincingly then that could be worth an extra point at the end of the season. With a bit of luck the likes of Laird and Tomlin will be back soon as well, which will be a major bonus.

If we can get our first choice back 4 of Barker, Phillips, Cresswell and Clohessy back together for a few games, add Tam for a month and maybe get Reeves back also then we will certainly be capable of better results. Still think Timlin and Tomlins injuries have killed our season and we dont have enough to claw it back. We keep very few clean sheets with Straker and Prosser in the back 4 (if indeed we have kept any) and the midfield is too lightweight and lacking experience. Although we miss Tomlin I still feel up front we have enough but maybe now is the time to give Eastwood and Harris a go remembering how effective they were last season together.

Rotherham are 4-0 up at HT against Oxford! :stunned:

Could do with Chesterfield beating Cheltenham, currently 0-0.

Back