• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Majorca Hotel Recommendations Please

SUBBlue

Manager
I have just received a letter telling me that Mr Taxman has dropped a b0ll0ck with his sums of late & now owes me a sizeable amount of tax back.

Without wishing to rub my good fortune into the faces of fellow Shrimpers can anyone please recommend a decent 4 star hotel/ hotel chain in Majorca they have been to that is worth the money.

I'm wouldn't say that I'm tight with money, but when I take a £5 note out of my pocket, the Queen blinks at the light. Therefore am quite keen to my four penneth worth.

Cheers

I have just received a letter telling me that Mr Taxman has dropped a b0ll0ck with his sums of late & now owes me a sizeable amount of tax back.

Without wishing to rub my good fortune into the faces of fellow Shrimpers can anyone please recommend a decent 4 star hotel/ hotel chain in Majorca they have been to that is worth the money.

I'm wouldn't say that I'm tight with money, but when I take a £5 note out of my pocket, the Queen blinks at the light. Therefore am quite keen to my four penneth worth.

Cheers

I don't know what you've been doing, but if you can afford to buy a 4 star hotel chain from a tax rebate, I want your job :winking:

Not fancy a villa? No noisy neighbours and the pool to yourself.

Certainly worth considering, never stayed in one before.
Have looked on OwnersDirect so far.

My daughter is 15 & just want to hang around the arcade, mix with chav kids & get away from us when we get on her nerves (so 23 hours a day at the moment).

My lad wants to spend his time bullying me to play pool & get on the 5-a-side pitch, which I admit I do love!

My wife also likes to sit on her arse just necking bubbly wine & enjoying the 24/7 food the better hotels provide.

Pro's & Cons I suppose.:unsure:

Illa D'Or in Puerto Pollensa. I've been there a few times and it's great. Small and (realtively) upmarket so that keeps the hordes away. http://www.hotelillador.com/en/ I would recommend the apartments at the back of the hotel as they have far more room than the older hotel. It's right on the pine walk too which leads into the town which is quite quite and not nightclubby (might be reasurring for your daughter).

If you don't fancy that, the first time we stayed in the resort we stayed here: http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinatio...pollensa/apartments/aparthotel-playa-mar.html and with younger kids that did the job, although the relentless "animation team" were quite tiring after a few days.

Have to be careful mate, apparantly the water in Majorca don't taste like it oughta, though why the dizzy cow was drinking sea water, god above knows. It's all that all night dancing that's affected her.

Cheers

One thing we all now certainly know... You is defo NOT Ron Martin :smile:

Certainly worth considering, never stayed in one before.
Have looked on OwnersDirect so far.

My daughter is 15 & just want to hang around the arcade, mix with chav kids & get away from us when we get on her nerves (so 23 hours a day at the moment).

My lad wants to spend his time bullying me to play pool & get on the 5-a-side pitch, which I admit I do love!

My wife also likes to sit on her arse just necking bubbly wine & enjoying the 24/7 food the better hotels provide.

Pro's & Cons I suppose.:unsure:

Villa is the only way to go IMHO.

Owners direct look under Quesada 5 bedroom jobbies...You will find the one we stayed at....it had the following

Pool
Hot tub
Full size snooker table
Pub pool table
Hockey table
Table tennis
6 bikes
6 sets of golf clubs
Wifi
Garden chess set
Own bar with booze on tap
Trampoline