• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Invited a couple.

Just an idea I think maybe you should put something about going top if we win in the title of the group, as it might entice a few people to go!

The Blue Voice Friday Night Party! - WINNER GOES TOP!

For example!

It would take something special to get near that atmosphere again. That is the bar, lets try and reach it again...

No it would only need a good run/top of the league/play off game and a few 1000 day trippers and you got your "famous" Atmosphere:winking:

Here we go
Here we go
Here we go
Here we go
Here we go
Here we go ooo oo
Here we go
Here we go
HERE WE GOOOOOOOOO

I feel this is why Roots Hall is so quiet, could at least come up with a song people remember the words to!!!

What we really need is some banter between the three stands.

Just a simple:

"We're the West stand, we're the West stand, we're the West stand Southend boys"

Then the East...

"We're the East stand, we're the East stand, we're the East stand Southend boys"

Then the South...

"We're the South stand, we're the South stand, we're the South stand Southend boys"

Repeat until everyone gets bored.

How hard is that?

Now on the OS - http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2465544,00.html

And confirmation that selected drinks will be £1 between 6pm-6:45pm in the Roots Hall bars...

Fosters, Strongbow, John Smiths & wine will be all be priced at £1 each between 6pm & 6:45pm in all Roots Hall bars. So get down early to take advantage of this offer!....should get everyone in the mood for a sing-song!

*hic* :dizzy:

Last edited:
Now on the OS - http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2465544,00.html

And confirmation that selected drinks will be £1 between 6pm-6:45pm in the Roots Hall bars... *hic*

Now that is the kind of thing that should be happening, on the OS telling the fans to make some noise, and to get in the ground and spend some money!

More of this please SUFC because it's so easy to put something positive on the website. Literally takes 5 minutes to type something out and upload it.

More of this!!!!

Can't see much co-ordination on the drum if you do get a go Smiffy, and some of those words to the songs are gonna be mixed up. I think everyone will be able to just about manage 'Anthony Grant, Anthony Grant, Anthony Grant' and 'Here We Go'

:smile:

Lot's of people have called for the club to be more pro-active and "think outside the box"

They have posted a positive message and put on a drinks offer.

It's now down to us lot to take this offer up, put some money in the tills and inspire the lads to the 3 points. Who knows if it proves successful there maybe more offers like this in the future.... :winking:

Sounds like friday will be a good night. But i agree that the players will need our support more than ever what with the added pressure of possibly going top with a win. We have to stay of their backs regardless of what happens.

Would be great to get well over 5k there. I think 6k will be wishful thinking
as can't see a massive away following coming down. But it has been quiet of late at hall (saying that i've missed the last 2 home games due to holiday) so would be good to get a really good atmosphere going!

I am going for over 6000 attendance. I get the feeling that the apathy towards those players hastily signed before last season has now worn off. We as fans are now right behind this team. We now have proper strikers, 'HOORAY.' We are on the back of the best away performance for Years. There are a lot of stay away fans that are now willing to come back in appreciation of the team's efforts in reaching 3rd place in the league. This is the perfect game to come back. This is a top of the table clash, if we win, we go top.
For these reasons, I will be disappointed with anything less than 6000.

Back