• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
The Blue Voice are here (louder than ever) and are urging all Southend United fans to help create a carnival atmosphere at Friday night's huge Roots Hall encounter.

A number of fans have been arranging a few things behind the scenes, which will hopefully help lift the atmosphere for the game and inspire our lads to hit the League Two summit! We will be bringing along plenty of items to add colour such as, balloons, streamers, confetti cannons, beach balls and flags. And of course the re-skinned drum will add that influencing boom to get you all going. Come and join us in W block to sample the atmosphere at close quarters. You won't be disappointed!

But, we need everyone to pull in the same direction. It has been a dire period over the last few years, but like everything in life, you have to move on. This will always be our club and this is will always be our town and we should all take great pride in that fact. Things are improving and brighter times lay ahead. We now need to re-group and get back to doing what football fans do best, "supporting" our club...

So let's all act as ambassadors for our great club. Whether it is encouraging a few mates to come down to a game, or just putting a match poster up in your window, it will all help to get our club back to where we know it should be. But most importantly, when you are at a game remember why you are there.... To "support" those 11 lads in blue shirts. They are part of the family and should be treated as such.

On Friday we urge all of you to bring along one of the many flags we have handed out, or some balloons to help create a lively atmosphere. Thanks to the generosity of our very own Tara Brady who has made a donation from his own pocket, we have started the ball rolling. But we need as many of you as possible to assist us. We are all Southend and we all need to be "United" as one. Let's back the boys 110% right from the first whistle to the last. The lads on the pitch will appreciate all the support we give them and it will make a huge difference. We all want the same thing and that is to get out of this depressing league as soon as possible!

So this Friday and for all remaining games this season, let's try and bring back the Roots Hall roar and give us that "12th man" advantage. Each and every one of you needs to be a leader amongst the fans. So wear that blue shirt with pride, hold your arms aloft and sing loud and proud. "We're Southend till we die"

One team, one passion, one voice.

UTB.

The Blue Voice Committee.

PS: Fosters, Strongbow, John Smiths & wine will be all be priced at £1 each between 6pm & 6:45pm in all Roots Hall bars. So get down early to take advantage of this offer!....should get everyone in the mood for a sing-song!

[video=youtube;8KvN8G68NII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KvN8G68NII&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Last edited:
Here Here top post Smiffy....A lot of effort is being put into Friday night by a few lads to hopefully help push our lads to the top...ALL FANS should bring along any flags they have and a few balloons/streamers to support the team...

Lets try to make this a party night like a few seasons ago.

It is worth mentioning this party idea started less than 24 hours ago on Facebook and the likes of Jack the flag who spent 2 hours at the club today sorting the big flags out in the West..Bucket&spade FC, Trueblue, AyrshireBlue and Smiffy (and me to organise the rabble) have pulled out the stops and will make this a night to remember whatever the score.

UTB.

Sounds like friday will be a good night. But i agree that the players will need our support more than ever what with the added pressure of possibly going top with a win. We have to stay of their backs regardless of what happens.

Would be great to get well over 5k there. I think 6k will be wishful thinking as can't see a massive away following coming down. But it has been quiet of late at hall (saying that i've missed the last 2 home games due to holiday) so would be good to get a really good atmosphere going!

Here Here top post Smiffy....A lot of effort is being put into Friday night by a few lads to hopefully help push our lads to the top...ALL FANS should bring along any flags they have and a few balloons/streamers to support the team...

Lets try to make this a party night like a few seasons ago.

It is worth mentioning this party idea started less than 24 hours ago on Facebook and the likes of Jack the flag who spent 2 hours at the club today sorting the big flags out in the West..Bucket&spade FC, Trueblue, AyrshireBlue and Smiffy (and me to organise the rabble) have pulled out the stops and will make this a night to remember whatever the score.

UTB.

and some credit to Homer for his original post rousing the troops.

REQUEST.

Would be nice to see some pictures on here on saturday taken from the East of the west on friday night.

and some credit to Homer for his original post rousing the troops.

No he is far to ugly for credit in any form :winking:

Suggesting the idea and actually doing anything about it are 2 different things.

Oh, there maybe some interesting news regarding a little drinks promotion in the bars before K.O as well...

Unconfirmed as yet though.

Remember that night well. Still sends shivers dowspine when I watch it back. Wonder who filmed it :winking: Be good if we can get them times going in the stands again.

Remember that night well. Still sends shivers dowspine when I watch it back. Wonder who filmed it :winking: Be good if we can get them times going in the stands again.
It would take something special to get near that atmosphere again. That is the bar, lets try and reach it again...

Smiffy, are you going to make a guest appearance on the drum? Please .......

No disrespect to Jack, I know he held his hand up, respect for that, and does his best but we really need the drum to stay in some sort of time.......

I wasn't planning on doing so. I'm too old to be doing that and "The Flag" or someone else needs to learn and fast, just like I did...

I may have "5 minutes" on the sticks if needed though..

This is a brilliant effort! It will pay off but I hope it SERIOUSLY pays off!
There is nothing better than a sing song at a football match!

I can't wait!

I hope EVERYBODY gives it some, because the silence has been painful at times!

COYB!

Count me in :)
p.s next time your buying the blow ups drop me a PM i buy trade as i own a store so could get them for you at trade prices

UP THE BLUES

Back