• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

now we have a curious situation I make assumptions which are 100 percent wrong?? now then my fat friend, or am I wrong again,read collymores article in last weeks echo
this man lives and breathes southend, and I stick by my
original post, if you object to him knocking this 2bit ex weather
forecaster down the stairs, then you would want no part of him turning up at the hall last week!!being welcomed by the shrimpers trust . Its like being jewish and being invited to a reunion of ss officers(you wouldnt go!!)double of double standards, but then I am always wrong arent I,
especially with fossetts farm,

I think you can object to what Stan did to Ulrika, but (like me) still appreciate and admire the man for what he did for the club as a player of outstanding ability.

It's not all as simple as black and white... and I'd wager that roughly what fbm was getting at.

rock.gif

Why do you think the Trust is anything to do with me?

The assumption you made that was wrong was to do with me being a member of the Trust. I am not. And as such I have no say in who the Trust invite or don't invite to any Trust function. Also, I can hardly resign from something I don't belong to.

I totally agree with the sentiments you have stated.

So what's your point exactly?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Nov. 08 2004,15:41)]Why do you think the Trust is anything to do with me?

The assumption you made that was wrong was to do with me being a member of the Trust.  I am not.  And as such I have no say in who the Trust invite or don't invite to any Trust function.  Also, I can hardly resign from something I don't belong to.

Following this storm brewing very closely I must ask, why you are not in the Shrimpers Trust?

I pressumed everyone on this board would have been a member. Even Barry the Dog on the trust

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Nov. 08 2004,15:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Nov. 08 2004,15:41)]Why do you think the Trust is anything to do with me?

The assumption you made that was wrong was to do with me being a member of the Trust.  I am not.  And as such I have no say in who the Trust invite or don't invite to any Trust function.  Also, I can hardly resign from something I don't belong to.

Following this storm brewing very closely I must ask, why you are not in the Shrimpers Trust?

I pressumed everyone on this board would have been a member. Even Barry the Dog on the trust
If that were the case, shouldn't the Train man's comments have been directed at everybody rather than just fbm?

And if so, we could ask the man who likes trains:

a) is he a member of the trust

b) if not why not?

c) did he resign when Stan was invited the other day?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Nov. 08 2004,15:53)]Following this storm brewing very closely I must ask, why you are not in the Shrimpers Trust?

And I must ask: what has fbm being a member or not being a member of the trust got to do with you or anyone else?

There seems to be a theme developing when people make assumptions, doesn't there?

hold on- the club invited him, not the Trust. The Trust just helped out.

Yes, we gave him honorary membership- but for only a year, and it was a good way of showing off the new card, I thought as well as giving us publicity in the Echo.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 08 2004,15:07)]now we have a curious situation I make assumptions which are 100 percent wrong?? now then my fat friend, or am I wrong again,read collymores article in last weeks echo
this man lives and breathes southend, and I stick by my
original post, if you object to him knocking this 2bit ex weather
forecaster down the stairs, then you would want no part of him turning up at the hall last week!!being welcomed by the shrimpers trust . Its like being jewish and being invited to a reunion of ss officers(you wouldnt go!!)double of double standards, but then I am always wrong arent I,
especially with fossetts farm,
Leave the Jews out of this one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 08 2004,16:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Nov. 08 2004,15:53)]
[b said:

If that were the case, shouldn't the Train man's comments have been directed at everybody rather than just fbm?

And if so, we could ask the man who likes trains:

a) is he a member of the trust

b) if not why not?

c) did he resign when Stan was invited the other day?
I think your missing the boat a little spiffy my boy. From what I can remember I think a few took exception to the fact that a large majority of shrimpers fans worship stan, I think the general jist of the thread was along the lines of Stans no man in my eyes for what he did to Urika blah blah blah and so on. Thats maybe why FBM iscoming into the forefront quite a bit on this. I suppose TMWLT pressumed that such an avide and opinionate fan of Southends like FBM would have been on the shrimpers Trust. I know for a fact TMWLT was a major player in the 'True Blues' and 'United for Southend ', weither he is a member or not of the trust now, only the commitee will be able to answer weither they have sent of any memberships to Cambodia lately???

As for Gremlin you seem a little touchy with me young man, name the time and place and we can resolve it

Regards

Andrew Young

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Nov. 08 2004,16:26)]As for Gremlin you seem a little touchy with me young man, name the time and place and we can resolve it
Christ, you must be desperate for a date! And to resolve what, exactly? I was merely pointing out that whether or not someone else is a Trust member or not is nothing to do with you. We all know that's the case.

Now lets all calm down and enjoy a few beers and another cracking Friday night game at the Hall shall we?

Back