• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Malone or Herd?

Malone or Herd?

• Malone

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Herd

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • To be honest I'd rather have Barrett

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
I'm not the greatest fan of Malone and after watching some of the set pieces last night he took, so of them barely got of the floor and not threatning at all.

In Herd I think we attatch more down the left hand side and would be ideal to link up with a Watt who is left footed. Herd also has the 'throw in' ability.

The other week against Swindon Herd come on and all the sudden we become more attacking with the left back getting down the line, and wasn't let down by his defending either.

Herd over Malone anyday of the week.

Not sure what Tilson sees in Malone ..

I'm not really sure what Malone did wrong last night, barring 3 of his deliveries into the box. And that's easily rectified by letting Francis take them, seeing as he's the best player in the squad for this trait anyhow...

I like Herd too mind, but I don't reckon any of the goals conceded last night were Malone's fault. M'Voto was far more worrying I thought. Malone was also one of our better players at Millwall and has definitely improved in the 3 times I've seen him.

Tilly sees Malone most days in training - I fear Herd will pick up a few votes here after Malone last night. However, Malone looks more accomplished. Herd is raw and whilst he likes a run down the left flank he looks a bit naive when it comes to his defensive positioning. I vote Malone. No reason why Herd can't be a better player in the long run though.

I'm not the greatest fan of Malone and after watching some of the set pieces last night he took, so of them barely got of the floor and not threatning at all.

In Herd I think we attatch more down the left hand side and would be ideal to link up with a Watt who is left footed. Herd also has the 'throw in' ability.

The other week against Swindon Herd come on and all the sudden we become more attacking with the left back getting down the line, and wasn't let down by his defending either.

Surely the answer to Malone's set pieces not getting off the floor is to get someone else to take the set pieces and stick with Malone who is the better player.

1) he can deliver a good ball
2) he can be a threat from throws
3) he can deal with long balls
4) he can attack at pace
5) he is our own player!!!! = Herd all day long for me and willing to listen to anyone putting their money where their mouth is if they think malone will be playing a higher level than herd in 3yrs time! MALONE GO HOME!

Herd,Herd and Herd again.We are in danger of losing that young fella if we are not careful and we dont exactly have an embarassment of riches player wise to let this young talent go.

If Malone takes yet another non productive free kick on Saturday with his silly Johnny Wilkinson type delivery I will probably spontaneously self combust. Be warned those of you in the East Reds.

Back