• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Man City

I feel like the members of the dissident group in 'Life Of Brian' thinking about "what have the Romans ever done for us?" in posting this but Pep has done England a favour in helping Raheem Sterling to become a much more effective player.

I feel like the members of the dissident group in 'Life Of Brian' thinking about "what have the Romans ever done for us?" in posting this but Pep has done England a favour in helping Raheem Sterling to become a much more effective player.
Very true Rob,and it was interesting to see Sterling getting a tongue lashing for his part in City's second goal. Better still he just stood there and took it.

My neighbour who is not a footie fan went to watch the game at the pub with some family and asked them for a bet with good odds. He put £10 on Sterling to score a hat trick and won £200. The bookies paid out as the second goal was initiially credited to Sterling by Sky apparently (although not on the BBC that I was watching).

I was lucky enough to be there, and those who follow my FB statuses know I predicted 6-0. (albeit only because I'd seen an average of 6 goals every FA Cup I'd been at this season). Sadly, I didn't stick any money on that.

A few things came to mind. It wasn't a sell out. The middle tier had lots of empty seats, and there were empty seats near me. Watford fans enjoyed their day, and there was a magnificent moment at 0-4 when they just got up, shouted up and got their flags waving. City fans just stood and applauded.

But for City fans in the main it was just going through the motions. "oh look, another goal", "oh, look another trophy" etc etc.. They're a wonderful, wonderful side who have redefined football in the last few seasons, but they've got used to winning everything. I fear the EPL may turn into the SPL with only one team capable of winning the thing.

Because I can deal with glory hunters. Grew up through the Red half of Manchester and their glory hunting fans. Liverpool fans are horrible, scummy and it’s funny watching them bang on about how many league titles they’ve won. Haven’t won the prem though! Leicester and Blackburn have hahaha!

Surely all Man United fans come from London?

The guy who owns Man City’s cousin has just agreed terms to buy Newcastle United. Newcastle to the win the Premier League before Liverpool :ROFL:

This is the same guy who tried to buy Liverpool.

I think the myth that citeh are the biggest club in MCR has been put to bed! My Dad's from Manchester and having spent a lot of time up there, I would say it was 60% red. There have been a few surveys done in recent years, and the most prominent one for me would be the one that showed Utd have more season ticket holders with 'M' postcodes.

I think the myth that citeh are the biggest club in MCR has been put to bed! My Dad's from Manchester and having spent a lot of time up there, I would say it was 60% red. There have been a few surveys done in recent years, and the most prominent one for me would be the one that showed Utd have more season ticket holders with 'M' postcodes.

It depends on what they mean by biggest club. Man City have the best team and more money and pay higher wages and bonuses. Man Utd have a much bigger support with fans all over the World. Hardly anyone outside Lancashire supports Man City. Man Utd clearly have a lot more supporters in Manchester as well.

It depends on what they mean by biggest club. Man City have the best team and more money and pay higher wages and bonuses. Man Utd have a much bigger support with fans all over the World. Hardly anyone outside Lancashire supports Man City. Man Utd clearly have a lot more supporters in Manchester as well.
100% mate, all my family/friends up that way follow Utd. City have just become everything that's crap about the modern game

I find Man City incredibly boring to watch; they play like robots.

I’m no fan of Man Utd but at least there was a sense of authenticity about them when they were champions. They looked like a real team that played enjoyable and expansive football, to the extent that occasionally they were too open and relied on Peter Schmeichel to win crucial points.

I quite like Pep but certainly never wanted City to win the quadruple as do not personally think that is good for the game. Hopefully Liverpool will win the PL next season.

Also City have been pushing the envelope in the financial aspect of the club dealings hence being under investigation by Uefa. FIFA, the PL and the FA so in a way have there own special quadruple.

Think England Premier league is lucky to have a team that will surpass the like of Real and Barcelona, pure poetry in motion to watch

One sided in league I suppose but I would prefer to watch them in a FA cup match at Roots Hall in January than Bury, result would be the same going out, but would be nice to watch and admire

And yes we could win, as that night v Man Utd proved

UTS

Back