• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
Ever since watching them coast past Charlton midweek, Something has been bothering me.

Throughout the game, Ronaldo got abuse everytime he touched the ball, and Rightly so IMO.... If not for the blatant act of conspiring to get Rooney sent off in the World Cup then for his history of cheating.

Ronaldo responds in the correct way and produces an excellent performance. Man Utd fans respond by chanting "Theres Only One Ronaldo" and then branch into what some people have labelled "Anti-England" Chants, rooting for Argentina and Portugal. I seem to have missed the point on this one
rock.gif
It's fine to back your own teams players, but when they have so blatantly done wrong against your own country the loyalty becomes blind... Especially when it is taken so far as to branch into chanting for opposing nations.

Now this wouldn't have been so wrong if there had not already been a precedent set in the form of David Beckham. He returned home disgraced after the 1998 World Cup well aware of what he had done and apologised profusely for his wrong-doings. Yet, efogees of Beckham were burnt at the Gates of Old Trafford by Man Utd fans who were also burning their shirts.... and he was English For Gods sake, And an Honest player in my book. Yet, now, some Cheating Pansy from Portugal gets full support after arguably sending his own country out of the tournament in the blink of an eye.... literally.

I fail to see how this works out...

Well said.
I still can not comprehend how no-one at Man Utd has decided to deal out sufficient retribution for his World Cup misdemeanours. Surely Rio and Rooney would have been willing volunteers to stick one on him in training- looks like Sir Alex has read them the riot act on any retaliatory acts.
It is despicable how this **** (please insert you own expletive) has been welcomed back into the bosom of his club - that sly headbutt on Rooney before the game was, in my opinion, despicable. It is unfortunate that this muppet was not packed off to Real Madrid....

Man Utd are Mollycoddling him telling him Everything will be fine... I just hope Man Utd get a real rotten team in the Cup, Players who are out of the direct Limelight and are not afraid to stick one on him.

Just seen their game on match of the day, one clown in the Man U end was waving a Portuguese flag!?!?!?!?!!

I appreciate that a lot of fans hold their club as far more importance than country, I myself would not have sacrificed our league 1 title last year for England winning the world cup. To reiterate East Stand Blue’s point, seems so very odd how quickly they have forgiven Ronaldo’s part in Englands exit in the world cup compared to when Beckham was sent of in 98.

To$$ers the lot of them.

Too many prawn sandwich peolpe involved with the Manc's and they dont really have a clue.

He should f%&k off back to his Portugese sh!t hole and rot as far as i'm concerned.

Becks did get shed loads of abuse, but that could be more because you are not supposed to sh!t on your own door step. I think he shouldn't have been sent off, nor should Rooney, but it's done and dusted now.

The only fans in England who would take him back, are United fans, I said that when it all happened at the World Cup. They have all been blinded in the last 10 years, and so have no concept of football reality anymore.

Personally, I am amazed he has not been beaten sh!tless outside of football yet. Im not saying he should, but I am amazed.

He is a very talented young individual, its a shame he has to be a cheating little sh!t to go along with it.

t%$$&r
mad.gif

I do not agree with any anti-England chanting, however do feel the constant booing of Ronaldo is getting very tiresome. He in reality did very little wrong, are you going to boo every single player who dived/cheated at the world cup? Will this include our own Gerrard and Lampard, who in all honesty were far more guilty of this than our foerign counterparts. If Rooney can realise that it is football and can forgive Ronaldo, why cant some of the English public !

P.S I am definatly not a Man U supporter and am not defending various other aspects of their "support" or lack off it!

To be fair the Manc U fans didn't get on the back of David Beckham at all - quite the opposite in fact, they supported him through a time when he was public enemy number one everywhere else in the country.

I should imagine that's where a lot of their current 'anti-English' (or at least pro-Man Utd to the detriment of everything else) feelings started. They saw how their golden boy was vilified around the country for something he did playing for England and closed ranks. I'm not defending them here, but just imagine Freddy Eastwood gets picked for England and gets sent off for a petulant act making him hated by the rest of the nation - what would we do? That's right, close ranks around him and fcuk the rest of the country.

Having said that Man Utd fans are still scum!

Back