• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Man Utd ticket suggestion

Mick

Life President
For those at the club who monitor this board I have (another) sensible suggestion:

With regard to selling tickets to stub holders, make it clear that the stub holder will be buying the same seat as that on the stub.

This will reduce sale time (and hence queuing time and staff time) by at least 50%.

It has the added advantage that those people who bought their tickets for Hull before the Man Utd tie came about, will typically get the better seats.

Also why not make it cash only? Any additional security costs would be offset by credit card commission savings.

Come on, you know it makes sense

The same thought did cross my mind as I left the ticket office yesterday. I'm quite happy to admit I had no intention of going to the Hull game...until the draw was made, afterall, Hulll isn't exactly one of bigguns this season and for soemone with a limited budget, it was one I was happy to miss. However, I'd also be quite happy to have to keep the same seats for the Man Utd game knwoing full well that they arn't the best placed seats. I believe the system desribed by Mick is fair and reasonable. It will never happen.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Oct. 27 2006,10:09)]The same thought did cross my mind as I left the ticket office yesterday. I'm quite happy to admit I had no intention of going to the Hull game...until the draw was made, afterall, Hulll isn't exactly one of bigguns this season and for soemone with a limited budget, it was one I was happy to miss. However, I'd also be quite happy to have to keep the same seats for the Man Utd game knwoing full well that they arn't the best placed seats. I believe the system desribed by Mick is fair and reasonable. It will never happen.
I am nothing if not fair and reasonable !

This seems fair. Plus, if people have the same seats, they'll be able to find them quicker on the day of the Man Utd game. It's always a bit frustrating when there's a logjam in the stands due to newbies not being able to find their seats.

Great idea Michael - a quick and fair way to distribute the tickets and ensure that the majority of regular fans get the better seats on offer. Might be too late for this game but there will be others.....

Right Mick, this ding-dong between Israel and Palestine - what's your plan?
rock.gif

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Oct. 27 2006,09:57)]For those at the club who monitor this board I have (another) sensible suggestion:

With regard to selling tickets to stub holders, make it clear that the stub holder will be buying the same seat as that on the stub.

This will reduce sale time (and hence queuing time and staff time) by at least 50%.

It has the added advantage that those people who bought their tickets for Hull before the Man Utd tie came about, will typically get the better seats.

Also why not make it cash only? Any additional security costs would be offset by credit card commission savings.

Come on, you know it makes sense
Some good ideas............. apart from the ALL CASH idea, this is 2006......... cash is a thing of the past!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aberdeen Shrimper @ Oct. 27 2006,10:47)]Some good ideas............. apart from the ALL CASH idea, this is 2006......... cash is a thing of the past!!
Maybe ... but it's still the quickest way to pass thirty quid from one hand to another when you're trying to shift several thousand tickets in a day !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Oct. 27 2006,10:45)]Great idea Michael - a quick and fair way to distribute the tickets and ensure that the majority of regular fans get the better seats on offer. Might be too late for this game but there will be others.....
Might be too late for this game ?

Why?

We haven't sold any tickets yet; we haven't made any announcements it would conflict with.

I actually think it will slow the ticket office down. The ticket office staff will have to sift through all the tickets to find the correct one, rather than sell them in the order they have them to hand.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Oct. 27 2006,09:57)]For those at the club who monitor this board I have (another) sensible suggestion:
Meaning my idea of hiring Layer Road and putting on a Big Screen for all the ManUre fans, leaving Roots Hall for the Faithful, isn't?

Some people have no vision!!

mad.gif
mad.gif

tounge.gif

And what if we actually go and beat the red devils.........and draw arsenal at home.......to think we may have to go through all this again !

Im sure the club have there true fans at heart . with So many wanting tickets ..i doubt they could please all .. though i do feel for those that dont live close and maybe with more time they could of thought things through more ..But Hey Look on the bright side at least it is on Tv. Its odd that we moan when this is the first time we have ever been in the last 16.. The club were never going to please all.

Mick, good suggestion however some areas that will be on sale to Southend fans on Tuesday night will not be for the Manchester United match. Meaning we cannot work this system.

Having a Hull stub isn't a guarentee that you will get a ticket but it stands you with a better chance of getting one than not.

I can see the night after the Hull game being quite a party in the Roots hall car park with everyone queuing for the morning

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 27 2006,14:15)]Mick, good suggestion however some areas that will be on sale to Southend fans on Tuesday night will not be for the Manchester United match. Meaning we cannot work this system.

Having a Hull stub isn't a guarentee that you will get a ticket but it stands you with a better chance of getting one than not.
Scriv - are we going to be able to get through to purchase tickets for Wolves next Saturday? The OS site states it will be all ticket for away supporters. I have just rung the ticket office and my position in the queue is 70.

Can I ring the ticket office next week and will it be answererd?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Oct. 27 2006,11:23)]
[b said:
Meaning my idea of hiring Layer Road and putting on a Big Screen for all the ManUre fans, leaving Roots Hall for the Faithful, isn't?

Some people have no vision!!
In that case they woudn't need a screen!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 27 2006,14:15)]Mick, good suggestion however some areas that will be on sale to Southend fans on Tuesday night will not be for the Manchester United match. Meaning we cannot work this system.

Hmmm  .... thought as much.  I don't think you are making it ever so clear that a Hull ticket DOES NOT guarantee a Man Utd ticket (marketing tactic?).

If it were me (and obviously it's not), I would hold back the seats which are not available for the Man Utd match until last.
I would then sell them on the basis that they would only be available as a third priority and then for any unclaimed seasons or stub tickets. That would be fair.

I bought my ticket for the Hull game over a month ago. Why should the "latecomers" have an equal chance of my seat?

That way you would still be able to follow my suggestion.

to complicated........... as the on line ticketing chooses seats for you.....ive noticed better seats being made available since i purchased mine

Mick it does say that all priorities are subject to availability, but I will alter it to make it more clearer.

The tickets that aren't available for Man U will be held back to last but then by altering this as third priority we'd been killing the people who turn up and buy on the night all the time or leave it to the last minute.

I think we all agree there is no perfect system, but this is as close as we will get IMHO.

Back