• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Management

So now we have john still at the club,who's managed in non league and the football league.Darren Currie who's managed Barnet In the national league! Mark Bentley who's managed canvey in the non league!! In fact the only guy who's part of the management set up who hasn't been manager at first team level is kev maher? Anyone concerned about this? I've said it once and I'll say it again Stan and the panel got it the wrong way around! I hope I'm proved wrong here but we now have no shortage of managers ready to step up if the s..t hits the fan!.

Yep. A 4-person panel with immensely qualified individuals on it made their choice after an intense, in-depth, professional and due diligence-based selection process where the top candidate blew them all away with his interview.......got it wrong. But Shrimpet steve has it right.

I've heard it all now.

So now we have john still at the club,who's managed in non league and the football league.Darren Currie who's managed Barnet In the national league! Mark Bentley who's managed canvey in the non league!! In fact the only guy who's part of the management set up who hasn't been manager at first team level is kev maher? Anyone concerned about this? I've said it once and I'll say it again Stan and the panel got it the wrong way around! I hope I'm proved wrong here but we now have no shortage of managers ready to step up if the s..t hits the fan!.
Give us all a break please SS.

Didn't Maher have a stint as manager at Chelmsford?

Are you serious in posting this trash or just on a wind up. No wonder Stan has left the Zone ?‍♂️

John who and why shouldn't he be?

Yep. A 4-person panel with immensely qualified individuals on it made their choice after an intense, in-depth, professional and due diligence-based selection process where the top candidate blew them all away with his interview.......got it wrong. But Shrimpet steve has it right.

I've heard it all now.
☝? this post right here. Close the thread.

The plus to all this is that if Maher starts to do well all the moaners / contrarians can say well no, actually Currie/ Benno/ Still/ Stan / Egbri was the real brains. It’s a ready made “hot take” for the attention seeking crowd

Magagement

I personally think this is a great NEW Management Team at Southend United full of experienced professional people with the right sort of skills to take the club forward to a new era in our history.

Oh how I wished we had done this during the last couple of seasons so we could have avoided successive relegations.

I am now also looking forward to a similar refreshment of the playing staff.

The New Southend United Management Team

SUFC Managerment Team.jpg

Magagement

I personally think this is a great NEW Management Team at Southend United full of experienced professional people with the right sort of skills to take the club forward to a new era in our history.

Oh how I wished we had done this during the last couple of seasons so we could have avoided successive relegations.

I am now also looking forward to a similar refreshment of the playing staff.

The New Southend United Management Team

View attachment 17750
Are you sure about Anton Robinson's role on that list? :Winking:

Bore off mate, it’s getting beyond a joke now….

No, not concerned at all. I think maybe Currie was better qualified to be no. 1, but Maher's appointment was probably done to appease the fans. Doesn't matter because all 3 are professional enough to work as the unit put together by Stan.

40 names on that list. It’s a lot compared with the half a dozen decent 1st team players we have. Looking forward to the ‘levelling up’ over the next few months.
1 role is vacant, 19 of them are staff on the non-playing side of the club (if you include the kit manager and crowd doctor) and a further 10 of them are academy staff.

That leaves you with only 10 names involved in the first team, 2 of which are the physio and the sports scientist. A team of 8 on the coaching and recruiting side of things doesn't sound that big to me .

'Anyone concerned about this?'
Not me. Not at all.
In relation to Southend United FC there are many more things that might be of concern to you.

Back