• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager/Coach Required for U7 Team

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Chaps, Southend Manor urgently require a coach/manager to take on their U7's side, ready for next season.

Is anyone interested in this position?? You would need to be available to take training sessions on Sat morning and of course, take charge of the matches every other Sunday. Which are only 30 mins long.

I took charge of the U7's this season and it has been thoroughly enjoyable watching the boys improve each week. One of them has already been snapped up by West Ham and another being watched by Southend, it has given me a great sense of achievement and hopefully one day I'll see them on tv or at The Hall!

so if any of you fancy taking on this rewarding role, please drop me a PM and I'll be happy to talk through it more.

Come on guys give it a go. Theres a load of kids that may not be able to play, as there is nobody to take charge of them!

I ran a boys side from U 11's, initially by default as i was the only one willing to step up when the previous bloke left, it was thoroughly enjoyable but I did find it stressful.
It may be better if you do not have a Son in the side as then you can't be accused of nepotism
It gets harder as they get old too, particularly as parents stop taking quite so much interest.
I ended up picking kids up for training and matches, putting up goals on my own spending longer an longer out of the house (the games may only be 30 minutes at U 7 but at 35 each way away at woodham takes chunk of the day) and the kick off times are rarely the same.
Also be prepared for a bit of grief at home. Some weekends I was out of the house at 9.30 on saturday for training, back at 12.45 after dropping some kids off, then off to RH . Then leaving at 10.30 on sunday for a 12 oc kick off and not getting home 'till 3 . Doesn't leave a lot of time to do things with the wife.

But the joy of seeing them play (and win) at a Roots hall final, although it was the year after I gave up the lads still wanted me involved , made a lot of it worth while.
I still see a lot of the boys and they still talk about the training regimes, the wobbly's I used to throw when it all went pear shaped (as it often did) and the freindships they made, all this and it 10 years since I stopped.

Its well worth doing but IMHO its not something to be undertaken likely as its very very difficult to walk away and leave the kids managerless.

Edit ...Oh and another thing kit, be prepared to wash the kit yourself, leaving shirts to kids to take home, get washed and remember to bring back in time for the next game or the end of the season, is a sure fire way of losing half the kit every season, which , in some clubs, means that you are responsible for trying to raise sponsorship to pay for next years kit

Back