• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Managers Job Applications

ldnfatso

Red Rep King!
A bloke at my work (A West Ham Supporter) applied a while ago to be West Ham manager after Glenn Roeder left em, he answered an advert in the paper. His CV that was enclosed stated that he played Sunday footy and also he was a good Hattrick player and a decent Championship Manager player. Anyway, he never got a reply from Terry Brown and was annoyed that Brown went behind his back and employed Alan Pardew without even the decency to write him a f*** off letter on headed paper! It got me thinking, has anyone here ever applied for our or any other Managers Job?

Was a young lad,as in 10 ish or so cant really recall,when my mother who in her defence was clinically mad took me to roots hall and as far as Dave Smiths office in front of the great man himself,god rest her crazy soul.
She told smithy that i was a truly brilliant player and should sign me,now the truth being that i had as much skill as Matt Harrolds left ear.Happy days indeed.

Whilst at uni a friend and I applied for the West brom job (as a partnership) citing his alegiance to the Baggies and my knowledge of the lower leagues as a major plus point for the partnership. We also said we would be cheap...

No response unfortunately

I applied for the managers job at Southend aged 13 after Peter Taylors shock sacking.

I set out in a letter my plans for the team, my chosen formation etc etc, I even laid out my transfer plans which involved selling Mark Hone and brining in two unknowns at the time called Muzzey Izzet (Chelsea) and Gavin McGowan (Arsenal).

I got a snotty letter back from Vic Jobson I think saying that I was not qualified enough to take on the role. He also said that selling Hone was not an option as he was under contract and a valued member of the squad.

Still think i could have done better than Spud.

DtS

I applied for the Bolton job in 1991, but was passed over for Phil Neal.

I think they got that one right, in fairness.

I reckon I could definitely do a job for a lower league side though.

I might sharpen my teeth on some bankrupt, backwater no-marks like Rotherham or Leeds United before applying for the big jobs again.

I applied for the managers job at Southend aged 13 after Peter Taylors shock sacking.

I set out in a letter my plans for the team, my chosen formation etc etc, I even laid out my transfer plans which involved selling Mark Hone and brining in two unknowns at the time called Muzzey Izzet (Chelsea) and Gavin McGowan (Arsenal).

I got a snotty letter back from Vic Jobson I think saying that I was not qualified enough to take on the role. He also said that selling Hone was not an option as he was under contract and a valued member of the squad.

Still think i could have done better than Spud.

DtS

Jobson wasn't as stupid as all that then!

Your old man asked me to bring this up in order to embarrass you! Actually, the story about my mate at work was in fact true! The bloke who applied to Middlesborough took it to another level though (Class stuff from him and funny stuff from Gibson).:hilarious:

Applied for the Southend job about 5-6 years back when I was 10-11. Got a nice letter back from Uncle Ron saying perhaps I should gain a little more experience and then I should write back to him again :D

I haven't applied, but i know many who have, but most ended up int eh football league.

A bloke at my work (A West Ham Supporter) applied a while ago to be West Ham manager after Glenn Roeder left em, he answered an advert in the paper. His CV that was enclosed stated that he played Sunday footy and also he was a good Hattrick player and a decent Championship Manager player. Anyway, he never got a reply from Terry Brown and was annoyed that Brown went behind his back and employed Alan Pardew without even the decency to write him a f*** off letter on headed paper! It got me thinking, has anyone here ever applied for our or any other Managers Job?

My friend a Palace fan did exactly the same but recieved a letter from Terrence Brown, saying 'Thank you for your application but due to not having the relevent qualifications we have decided to offer the job to someone more expierenced.' Well something along those lines.

Back