• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manchester City banned from Champions/Europa League

It will be suspeded on appeal, the big clubs in Spain, Italy and PSG are breaking the fair play rules too and EUFA know it.
However if this is the first shot in a war on financial corruption at the top of the game then "bring it on" but my suspicion is that it is power broking and window dressing.

I could be wrong, but when this all came about a couple of years ago City told UEFA to try it with them and that they would just bankrupt UEFA fighting it through every court and paying the best lawyers in the world.

Simple thing is that City, PSG et al have more money behind them than UEFA and they're the ones who run the shop.

Watch this collapse with an "agreed" wrap round the knuckles

I could be wrong, but when this all came about a couple of years ago City told UEFA to try it with them and that they would just bankrupt UEFA fighting it through every court and paying the best lawyers in the world.

Simple thing is that City, PSG et al have more money behind them than UEFA and they're the ones who run the shop.

Watch this collapse with an "agreed" wrap round the knuckles

Whilst I expect that the punishment will be reduced, I think UEFA may have been a bit cleverer than you give them credit for by banning them for 2 years and fining them such a large amount.

A 2 year ban leaves room for Man City to feel happy if they can get it reduced to one year and a fine that size can pay the legal fees for any legal challenges City may throw their way. I don't suppose anyone knows when that fine is due by?

Why is sterling a ‘little brat’?
Always thinks he will get his own way and in decisions from refs and thinks his owed something in life, he should appreciate exactly what he has in life, got to big for his boots last few years, good player, I’ll give him that but ain’t the finished article by a long way.

Always thinks he will get his own way and in decisions from refs and thinks his owed something in life, he should appreciate exactly what he has in life, got to big for his boots last few years, good player, I’ll give him that but ain’t the finished article by a long way.

England's best player is a good player?

Amusingly the FFP rules were lead forward by that reknown honest broker (NOT) Platini!
I suppose he might argue that sometimes it takes a crook to catch a crook?

Anything to take the attention off of those Scouse ****s winning the league. Hopefully something big happens and all the attention is taken away from their impending win.

Amusingly the FFP rules were lead forward by that reknown honest broker (NOT) Platini!
I suppose he might argue that sometimes it takes a crook to catch a crook?

Platini called it financial doping, and I actually agree with him. Man City have been "doping" for many many years and should be punished.

However, I don't agree with the punishment because it isn't harsh enough. UEFA have treated them extremely leniently.

In my view any punishment should mirror that of a doping punishment and their results should be expunged from the record books in the same way it is when any athlete dopes. Also as per a doping violation any medals won should have to be returned and presented to the people who should have received them. Remember when Usain Bolt missed out on a relay gold medal because one of his team mates had doped? The same rule should apply here. Any prize money they have won should be paid back. That will put them back where they should have been before they "doped".

Then they should be fined and banned as a punitive measure.

Fair play to UEFA on this as it is overdue that City are finally punished for trying to ignore FFP rules with suspect sponsorship deals.
This has been going on for several years with Arsene Wenger accusing them back in 2009.
Will see how the most expensive lawyers money can buy get on with the appeal but really hope the ban stands but suspect they will get it down to one year.
Then we will see what the PL do regarding there ongoing investigation.

Seems Man Utd and Jose could be given the title when City won by 19 points, be interesting if that is taken away as well,but then FA and Caribo cups should also be included,plus any prize money should go to the clubs they beat on the way

Back