• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mandela/Tutu/MLK Film

pickledseal

cowboy
Anyone got any recommendations?

Just being doing a unit on Prejudice and Discrimination with my Y10 and wanted to use a Christian example of some one who stood up against against racism in particular. I narrowed it down to one from:

• Nelson Mandela
  • Archbishop Desmond Tutu
  • Martin Luther King

I'm looking for something in length of 45mins - 1 hours maximum so I can fit into one lesson. TV film or documenatry would be best - modern(ish) too preferable.

I can download (torrents of TV shows are a grey area right?) but feel to PM or reply here.

Looking forward to some recommendations!

Any other sugggestions for individuals who have stood up and there is good info about esp films/tv documenaries are very welcome too....

Anyone got any recommendations?

Just being doing a unit on Prejudice and Discrimination with my Y10 and wanted to use a Christian example of some one who stood up against against racism in particular. I narrowed it down to one from:

• Nelson Mandela
  • Archbishop Desmond Tutu
  • Martin Luther King

I'm looking for something in length of 45mins - 1 hours maximum so I can fit into one lesson. TV film or documenatry would be best - modern(ish) too preferable.

I can download (torrents of TV shows are a grey area right?) but feel to PM or reply here.

Looking forward to some recommendations!

Any other sugggestions for individuals who have stood up and there is good info about esp films/tv documenaries are very welcome too....

Martin Luther King is the obvious one.

If you talk about Mandela, you will have to also talk about how he tied people up, put tyres over their heads and set light to the tyres. A bit strong for Y10 I think. Tutu will have you involved with religion as well maybe. Yep, MLK is my choice.

How about Samuel L. Jackson in the film "A Time To Kill". Not sure if you would be allowed to show this in class, but it is a proper good film and teaches a lot about racial discrimination

Agree with MLK - if you look of how the USA has changed in 50 years from racial segregation and Rosa Parks to a black President, it's one hell of a journey.

I think a 12 film would be my limit.... some are 14 and some are 15.... you only need ONE parent and then you are in a world of poo-poo

:) Thanks for suggestions....

Agree with MLK - if you look of how the USA has changed in 50 years from racial segregation and Rosa Parks to a black President, it's one hell of a journey.

Good shout, the change in the US is immense, tho in the Ghetto's, Black rules and Whites beware

I'm pretty sure Nick Griffin has claimed he is fighting racial and religious discrimination against the indigenous caucasian Christian population of the UK.

I'll bet you are more likely to get him to come and an talk to the kids than any of the above.

I'm pretty sure Nick Griffin has claimed he is fighting racial and religious discrimination against the indigenous caucasian Christian population of the UK.

You are more likely to get him to come and an talk to the kids than any of the above.

Yeah, but only to the White kids.

Back