• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manflu

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So I've got a terrible dose of Manflu at the moment *Cough* *Sniff*. Seems to be really doing the rounds lately.

It's ****ing horrible. Sore throat, streaming eyes, blocked sinuses, headache, temperature, cough, the lot.

Anyone got any medicinal tips on how to make this ******* disappear?

And why is that women are never sympathetic when we have manflu. Yet when they get a "Sniffle" you are expected to look after them day and night. Biiiaaaatttchhhes.

Bollocks Smiffy! I've never known a woman yet who doesn't just get on with things, it's blokes who stagger around like they're on death's doorstep wanting sympathy! My tip? Day nurse and Night nurse....and I don't mean the type that comes in saucy clothing! All supplemented with paracetamol or ibuprofen and plenty of warm drinks and water.

Yep... Certainly doing the rounds lately. I had it last month and it was the worst I've felt for some time which, thankfully, only lasted two days. Every five hours or so I'd make some of that Vit-C Rich lemon tea with 2 crushed ibuprofen, mix in some honey to taste and some lynctus that was left in the cupboard, seemed to do the trick.

Bollocks Smiffy! I've never known a woman yet who doesn't just get on with things, it's blokes who stagger around like they're on death's doorstep wanting sympathy!

Scientifically proven that Manflu exists, actually. Men typically have stronger immune systems so it's typically stronger strains of bugs that men catch. Still, I wouldn't expect you to understand that... it's also scientific fact that woman have brain size of squirrel.

Scientifically proven that Manflu exists, actually. Men typically have stronger immune systems so it's typically stronger strains of bugs that men catch. Still, I wouldn't expect you to understand that... it's also scientific fact that woman have brain size of squirrel.
Scientifically proven by...........MEN I expect! :raspberry:

I know there is a horrible cold thing going round at the mo, it's hit a number of our staff but a lot of it is down to your own immune system and if that's ok then you have a much better chance of dealing with it so keep to the old 5 a day when you're NOT ill and you should reap the benefits if you do catch something.

Just sleep when you need to Smiffy and let it run it's course.

Smiffy said:
So I've got a terrible dose of Manflu at the moment *Cough* *Sniff*. Seems to be really doing the rounds lately.

It's ****ing horrible. Sore throat, streaming eyes, blocked sinuses, headache, temperature, cough, the lot.

Anyone got any medicinal tips on how to make this ******* disappear?

And why is that women are never sympathetic when we have manflu. Yet when they get a "Sniffle" you are expected to look after them day and night. Biiiaaaatttchhhes.
Get your arse on the nice open-air scaffolding tonight, that should sort it out !

I had it last week for 3 days...Women have it easy ..I am sure that this illness is far worse than childbirth.

Scientifically proven by...........MEN I expect! :raspberry:

I know there is a horrible cold thing going round at the mo, it's hit a number of our staff but a lot of it is down to your own immune system and if that's ok then you have a much better chance of dealing with it so keep to the old 5 a day when you're NOT ill and you should reap the benefits if you do catch something.

Just sleep when you need to Smiffy and let it run it's course.

Most things scientifically proven are scientifically proven by men, because women try and prove things with horroscopes and tarrot cards.

ps nurses in saucy uniforms - is that the reason to go private, because the NHS uniforms aren't exactly shapely.

Both Mrs DS & I had this bug last week, hit us both hard and both ended up having 2 days off work although not at the same time. Her symptoms do seem to have lasted longer than mine although I expect that's because her immune system is set up to deal with the american strains of these things.

It's a grim bug no doubt, I took meltus cough medicene, paracetamol extra, soluble aspirin gargles and various cough sweets (strepsils, halls soothers etc), soon knocked it on the head.

Bollocks Smiffy! I've never known a woman yet who doesn't just get on with things, it's blokes who stagger around like they're on death's doorstep wanting sympathy! My tip? Day nurse and Night nurse....and I don't mean the type that comes in saucy clothing! All supplemented with paracetamol or ibuprofen and plenty of warm drinks and water.

Do not supplement any cold remedy with paracetamol/ibuprofen without checking what is in them first.

When I am off work sick I find that watching documenteries about Nazis, supertankers and jets on the Discovery channel gets me through the day.

Both Mrs DS & I had this bug last week, hit us both hard and both ended up having 2 days off work although not at the same time. Her symptoms do seem to have lasted longer than mine although I expect that's because her immune system is set up to deal with the american strains of these things.

It's a grim bug no doubt, I took meltus cough medicene, paracetamol extra, soluble aspirin gargles and various cough sweets (strepsils, halls soothers etc), soon knocked it on the head.

Actually you didn't. There's no cure for the common cold. You just have to let it run its course. You can take something that relieves the symptoms, but it's certainly not a cure.

Actually you didn't. There's no cure for the common cold. You just have to let it run its course. You can take something that relieves the symptoms, but it's certainly not a cure.

I'll have you know that Kenan and Kel cured the common cold in the mid-late 90's...

Any relation to Titus and Tes?

Long lost brothers, I believe. Separated at birth, Kenan and Kel became stars of a show on Nickelodeon, while Tes disappeared into a life of medicority and Titus made millions by generally looking uneasy on a football pitch.

At times, I did wonder exactly which of the four we had playing for us...

When I am off work sick I find that watching documenteries about Nazis, supertankers and jets on the Discovery channel gets me through the day.

As is watching the quiz TV channels. I once passed 8 hours watching people guess at the most random sandwich fillings ever.

Hey Chaps!

One of the advantages of having a cold is that you can cough up the most remarkable 'dockers omlettes'.
I especially like coughing it up, spitting it into my hand to get a decent look, then popping it back into my mouth for a little chew. It has the consistency of melted cheese.

I also do this if I'm out for dinner and want to get out of paying, as I'm normally forced to leave immediately.

Kind Regards

Back