• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Continuing our series of "We haven't won at ...... since ....", we don't have the best of records in Mansfield. We haven't won there since 24 years ago, when Benji buried the ball in the Mansfield net for a 1-0 win.

Man in charge of Saturday's match is Gary Sutton from Lincoln. He is in the sixth season of his second spell as a League referee having previously been demoted from the list and returning after a couple of seasons in the Conference.

His last Southend game was the 2-0 defeat at Burton between Christmas and the New Year in 2012/13. A red for one of theirs and a yellow for Prosser.

He did two Southend away matches in reasonably quick succession in 2011/12 as he refereed the Cup replay at Oldham when Mohsni's enthusiasm got the better of him and then the League match at Northampton when Mohsni's 2 goals got the better of them.

He has refereed Southend five times altogether in this second spell. He also did the somewhat fractious home match against Accrington (1-1) in 2010/11 when he showed 6 yellows and 1 red, all but one of these cards to the visitors. The other game was easier for both him and us as we breezed past Bradford City 4-0, also that season.

He has refereed 12 matches this season producing a very average 38 yellows and 1 red. He gets most of the decisions reasonably correct, but seems a bit harder with his sanctions on away players than the home ones. I am not surprised to see the vast majority of his red cards have been shown to visiting players.

Michael Denton from Lancashire and scouser Andy Scregg who we haven't had since Leeds away five years ago are running the lines with Hull police officer Matt McGrath acting as 4th Official.

He has refereed 12 matches this season producing a very average 38 yellows and 1 red. He gets most of the decisions reasonably correct, but seems a bit harder with his sanctions on away players than the home ones. I am not surprised to see the vast majority of his red cards have been shown to visiting players.
Oh dear, a proper "homer" then :sad:

Oh dear, he was awful in the Oldham cup match. He was gunning for Mohsni from the start and, unfortunately, neither Sturrock nor Mohsni could see what most of us in the stands could. By the way, if anyone happens to be in Oldham, could they look for my nuts as they froze off during the coldest away match I have ever been to.

On a positive note, I will be at Mansfield tomorrow and, although I only get to a couple of away matches a season, I have never seen us lose an away league match.

Cheers Mick, I always enjoy reading ref watch.

Oh dear, he was awful in the Oldham cup match. He was gunning for Mohsni from the start and, unfortunately, neither Sturrock nor Mohsni could see what most of us in the stands could. By the way, if anyone happens to be in Oldham, could they look for my nuts as they froze off during the coldest away match I have ever been to.

On a positive note, I will be at Mansfield tomorrow and, although I only get to a couple of away matches a season, I have never seen us lose an away league match.

Cheers Mick, I always enjoy reading ref watch.

Im going too, and Ive never seen us do anything but win at Mansfield.

Mind you, I havent been there for 24 years. Lol.

Excellent Ref report as usual , but wouldn't it just be a lot quicker to just quote Razor Ruddock "and the ref today is .........Rubbish "

Mick, can you not do a bit delving and find out what has happened to Mr K,

Elsewhere Trevor Kettle is hitting the comeback trail, presumably from injury. Where better for him to hone his random decision making than the Weston Homes Community Stadium?

Excellent Ref report as usual , but wouldn't it just be a lot quicker to just quote Razor Ruddock "and the ref today is .........Rubbish "

Probably, but then you'd miss out on the snippets of associated history which are probably more interesting than the stuff actually about the ref.

Elsewhere Trevor Kettle is hitting the comeback trail, presumably from injury. Where better for him to hone his random decision making than the Weston Homes Community Stadium?

Cheers Mick, good to see Mr K on the comeback trail especially at the Ewes.:smile:

Oh dear, he was awful in the Oldham cup match. He was gunning for Mohsni from the start and, unfortunately, neither Sturrock nor Mohsni could see what most of us in the stands could. By the way, if anyone happens to be in Oldham, could they look for my nuts as they froze off during the coldest away match I have ever been to.]

When at Boundary Park last season I did notice a nut seller. He was shouting the odds about having only two left. I glanced at what he had to offer, winced and hurried on my way. Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will be singing with the sopranos today no doubt?

The record is intact!

Lord football and philtalkin come up trumps again and I wasn't even wearing my luck pants.

Back