• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Mansfield Town 1 - 1 Southend United

Another game of two halves. Unlike Grimsby, this time we had the first half. Great strike from Olayinka but we probably should have already been ahead in the opening minutes...... still don't understand how that wasn't a penalty. I HATE last twenty minutes like that, even more so when you're hanging on for a point rather than three. A shaking, gibbering wreck by the time the final whistle came. Some really strange results at the bottom today which mean we're still three points adrift. Yet, we really need to look at ourselves rather than the teams above us. Eight points from the last four games and unbeaten......carry on like that and we shouldn't have anything to worry about. Is it tempting fate to remark that both Colchester and Orient have lost their last two games? ?

I find it very encouraging for the Club's progress that so many posts on here are complaining that we threw points away. Only a few games ago it was common currency to quote bookies odds as to how many we would lose by.

We got a point, we played some good football in the first half, created some dangerous moves in Mansfield's box and scored a cracker. In the second half it was backs to the wall as the pitch took it's toll on tired aging legs and chuck in a few injuries and it was a tough 45+ minutes. But again the defence battled and threw themselves into blocks and tackles, and most importantly Egbri was a man today in every sense of the word and is now probably a few centimetres shorter because of the ground he covered. We are still short of the right reinforcements off the bench but they still gave their all. All in all a good point now bring on the sheep.

Really enjoyed the game today.
The pitch was awful as was the ref , but two honest teams who both tried to get forward.
Proud of our team now and how they are growing.
McCormack is a big reason for that I think.
He has that nous.
Dieng and Hobson again looked solid.
Egbri worked so hard.
In fact I think everyone did.
Special mention today to Acquah, if only to balance up the awful comments he’s received recently ( albeit maybe justified to a point ).
He’s a young man finding his way against seasoned pros.
Thought he did very well in the first half today

Just saw the goal again. Cor, what a strike.

Where were the highlights? I had a look on Sky's website and didn't see them.

I'll be honest when Green left and we signed Olayinka I was a bit disappointed. I thought not another Premier League loanee. But goals from midfield, how long have we been crying out for that!

Where were the highlights? I had a look on Sky's website and didn't see them.

I'll be honest when Green left and we signed Olayinka I was a bit disappointed. I thought not another Premier League loanee. But goals from midfield, how long have we been crying out for that!
I was watching Sky Sports news and was in the round up. You’re right, Olayinka has been better than I thought too. He’s got class.

Right side of midfield- did ok I thought
Really?
When he gave away that needless foul in the last 30 seconds (he wasn't tired was he?) I thought they would centre and score a winner.
Unless he did something masked by the camera angle, I'm unaware of him passing a meaningful ball to a blue shirt.
Game of opinions, eh?

Really enjoyed the game today.
The pitch was awful as was the ref , but two honest teams who both tried to get forward.
Proud of our team now and how they are growing.
McCormack is a big reason for that I think.
He has that nous.
Dieng and Hobson again looked solid.
Egbri worked so hard.
In fact I think everyone did.
Special mention today to Acquah, if only to balance up the awful comments he’s received recently ( albeit maybe justified to a point ).
He’s a young man finding his way against seasoned pros.
Thought he did very well in the first half today
I guess the proof of Acquah's standing with the boss is being subbed three in a row. Admittedly, it was after 88 minutes against Scunny. But he only played 45 on Tuesday night and was relatively fresh.
Egbri is a young man finding his way, but he found it today.
In contrast, Acquah's one shot needed a blindfolded keeper to let it through.
We need someone else don't we? We don't have the luxury of games to let him 'develop'.

Played well today although we always seem to have one good half like 1st half today and 2nd halt on Tuesday need a couple of strikers Aquah is not good enough and a holding midfielder so McCormack can have a rest from time to time, let’s hope his calf problem heels for Colchester.

Like how solid we've become at the back.
A solid shift from everyone involved.
The refs got a massive problem with Xmas nearly here. Was this his 'lose a bit of weight before xmas' look!! Fxxk me, ok it's league 2, but there has to be a standard of fitness and competence surely!. Disgusting exhibition of refereeing I thought.
I'm quite a fan of MMs man management, but really not a fan of making triple substitutions in one go. It instantly created confusion and stops any chance of momentum. Even staggered just a bit the players can bed themselves into the game.
Mustnt be negative tho, it's a good sign of improvement this feeling that we maybe should have taken 3 points. Happy with one in hindsight.
the positives. ..well done eggbrI today, my motm.
ox was big today. Made the difference.
Macca was great but on that pitch was never going to get through the game.
just want clifford, macca, oly, back for the next game with JD back and another 3 pts please

I know some of the substitutions were forced but to finish up with only 6 of the 11 who started was surely one of the reasons we dropped two points. Clearly disrupted our shape and rhythm.

Back