• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Marc Laird

Shame because he should of played more games for us as he was certainly good enough, just injuries at the wrong time, much to good for tranmere but who would of thought they would be in there current league position right now, big club to go down but not to good to not go down:'(

Shame because he should of played more games for us as he was certainly good enough, just injuries at the wrong time, much to good for tranmere but who would of thought they would be in there current league position right now, big club to go down but not to good to not go down:'(

very strange, I thought he was a very decent player

Tranmere have a player called Power in the midfield who seemed to be very good. I would be suggesting Power as a transfer target if we weren't over run with midfielders already.

Anyway, my point is that perhaps Tranmere also have competition for places - they should have one of the larger budgets in the division.

Last edited:
Tranmere have a player called Power in the midfield who seem to be very good. I would be suggesting Power as a transfer target if we weren't over run with midfielders already.

Anyway, my point is that perhaps Tranmere also have competition for places - they should have one of the larger budgets in the division.

tumblr_lxxowbwXTs1qhkm9yo1_400.gif

Tranmere have a player called Power in the midfield who seem to be very good. I would be suggesting Power as a transfer target if we weren't over run with midfielders already.

Max Power is really highly rated and is going to get a bigger move than us before long.

Personally thought Laird was pretty average at best. Always worked hard and put the effort in though.

Laird was on of those players where you automatically thought he was there to break up the play and get on the ball but really his best attribute was playing one touch 1-2s and getting around players. Would have liked him to stay really because he would have really been a good squad player.

Laird was on of those players where you automatically thought he was there to break up the play and get on the ball but really his best attribute was playing one touch 1-2s and getting around players. Would have liked him to stay really because he would have really been a good squad player.

Laird is a class act but he sadly has had his fair share on injuries. As you say he was a good footballer.

Just scored go. Edinburgh City 1-1 against Cowdenbeath

Some friends of mine lived in the same street as him in Manchester after he'd left us. They got on really well but had lost track of where he'd moved to - they just knew he was back in Scotland. Was pleased to be able to share this news with them today.

They said he was a lovely guy, very quiet and not at all how you'd expect a footballer to be.

Back