• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Marcelo Bielsa

cerbera45

Coach⭐
Bielsa was appointed Leeds United manager back in June 2018 and still needs to talk to the media through a interpreter/translator

He corrects his translator here so he definitely has at least some grasp of the language, I'd guess since he's a perfectionist he just doesn't want to speak in a language where the level of detail he could answer in would be limited by his vocabulary compared to if he answered in Spanish.

Bielsa was appointed Leeds United manager back in June 2018 and still needs to talk to the media through a interpreter/translator
How long would it take for you to be comfortable talking to the media in a language you've never spoken?

Apparently he's actually fully capable of speaking English, he just prefers a translator because he doesn't want to make a mistake when speaking in English.

For the record it normally takes about two years to learn a foreign language though some people never manage it.
There's a huge difference between being able to fluently converse in another language, and being comfortable to speak in front of the media and be confident that your point has been clearly made.

I can never understand a manager taking, or being given, a job where they cannot speak the same language as the team or supporters.

I mean, it's not like he's on a low salary and can't afford english lessons. On that subject, I think it's very disrespectful that Gareth Bale couldn't be bothered to learn spanish fluently

I mean, it's not like he's on a low salary and can't afford english lessons. On that subject, I think it's very disrespectful that Gareth Bale couldn't be bothered to learn spanish fluently
It does smack a little of arrogance, just having a bash at the language wins over some people.

Back