• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

March 31st+The Abolition Of The Slave Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCAFCfans liasion officer

Greetings to all at Southend.
You may or may not know that you will be meeting us, and us been Hull City, in the middle of our city's 'Bicentenary Of The Abolition Of The Slave Trade Act', celebrations.
In which, as I'm sure, due to much recent publicity, you will already be aware that, x Hull M.P William Wilberforce played a pivotal role in implementing.

And it's been agreed by Hull City Council, in recognition of this famous son of Hull's achievements, that as many people as possible should attend the match versus your good selves, with cosmetically darkened faces, as a show of solidarity for our distant cousins from the African continent, to whom we could never correct the wrongs that were inflicted upon them in bygone times.

Suggested substances to aid the effect of darkened skin on the 31st of March are ;
1) a gravy mix. dapped onto the face using cotton wool, or other suitable material.
2) boot polish. old fail safe. (see above for ways of implementation.)
3) charcoal/coal dust. pat it, or rub it on generously.

I'm sure the more creative of you may prefer to think of your own ways of finding that exotic look.
Whichever method you find the easiest to apply on the day.
Just remember, it's the making of the effort that counts the most.

The people of Hull eagerly await your participation in what promises to be, a very memorable occasion, and a great spectacle nationwide.

Thanks in advance for keeping the memory of William Wilberforce alive.

All the best for the rest of the season.
'The Good People Of Hull'.

Link.. http://www.wilberforce2007.com/index.php?/events_calendar/

This was on Rivals.

Why celebrating the end of the slave trade is obviously a good thing, the whole "black and white minstrel" thing seems slightly off to me.

In fact, if this were genuine, and the poster is a genuine employee of Hull city, surely they'd go through the official site, rather than an (all be it impressively used) unofficial one?

it wud be gr8 to just see 1 southend fan covered head to toe in charcoal sitting on the train looking glum!!

For FrUCK's sake. Whether this is a wind up or not I'm sick and tired of this slavery bullsh!t. By all means commemorate the anniversary but apologise for something we have no control over ?

Spot on. I had the misfortune to see the contribution by Ken Livingstone apologising for the slave trade, which was puke making in the extreme. Enough is enough FFS.

For FrUCK's sake. Whether this is a wind up or not I'm sick and tired of this slavery bullsh!t. By all means commemorate the anniversary but apologise for something we have no control over ?

and maybe some of these nations we're apologising to should thank us for our part, and specifically that of the Royal Navy, in the worldwide banning of slavery.

This is a complete and utter (and poorly spelt) WIND UP. If anyone "Blacks up" it will lead to serious bother, which is the intention of this poster. Please don't fall for it!

Reading In This First Class Lounge At Tel Aviv Airport My Heart Rose For 1 Moment, But Then Sadly Saw It Was A Wind Up, But Nice To See Some Of The Regular Posters Agree With Enough Is Enough

In Degrees You Slowly Complete The Circle Welcome To My World

Reading In This First Class Lounge At Tel Aviv Airport My Heart Rose For 1 Moment, But Then Sadly Saw It Was A Wind Up, But Nice To See Some Of The Regular Posters Agree With Enough Is Enough

In Degrees You Slowly Complete The Circle Welcome To My World

Not while there is breath in my body.

It's quite ironic that you go to Israel, whose ancestors suffered the same bigotry and intolerance that you spout yourself.

Blimey MK,

This is obviously a subject high on your agenda but you appear to have been blinded by the light some what. It was obvious to see the original post was a wind-up as soon as it got to the 'blacking up' bit and to be honest, it is quite funny. However, your inference that TMWLT and others on here must be bigoted and intolerant is an indiction of your own intolerence of people who do not appear to hold the same views as yourself.

Lets not get hot under the collar chaps - everyone surely agrees the slave trade is a blot on our history and all rascists should be hung drawn and quartered - but all the apologies in the world won't right anything that happened 200 years ago and where do you stop - do we ask the italians for apologies for invading us as Romans or the Scandanavians for the viking raids, the germans and the Japanese for their ancestors behaviour?

p.s. Before anyone accuses me of anything.i was on plenty of anti-nazi marches back in late 70's early 80's.

Yes I am intolerant of people who judge people on their skin colour, who think that white is right and every other culture is somehow inferior.

They're called racists and my (ex)missus and her family suffered some horrific violence and abuse thanks to these "people".

Lets not get hot under the collar chaps - everyone surely agrees the slave trade is a blot on our history and all rascists should be hung drawn and quartered - but all the apologies in the world won't right anything that happened 200 years ago and where do you stop - do we ask the italians for apologies for invading us as Romans or the Scandanavians for the viking raids, the germans and the Japanese for their ancestors behaviour?

p.s. Before anyone accuses me of anything.i was on plenty of anti-nazi marches back in late 70's early 80's.

Even though I am left of centre, I completely agree that apologising is utter madness - slavery has been a part of human culture since day one and every race has enslaved another, and besides African kings were all too keen to sell their own people into slavery for a few shiny trinkets. Why aren't they apologising as well?

It's part of a brutal, bloody nasty human history that should be recognised, taught to children and left long in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back