• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

March Fixtures 2021

Hopefully Orient get a bit of a bounce after sacking their manager.
for us, Oldham have the second worst home record in the league this season. I expect three points there but then again I feel we are really unpredictable
10 points would be a decent haul

Hopefully Orient get a bit of a bounce after sacking their manager.
for us, Oldham have the second worst home record in the league this season. I expect three points there but then again I feel we are really unpredictable
10 points would be a decent haul
It's only really Salford who have a decent home record in this league. I think with no fans has played it's part on teams home form...... Cheltenham home form ain't that great to be honest. I honestly feel we can get atleast 4 points from next 2 away games.

I see orient beating grimsby. I dont rate grimsby at all!

Orient's form is pretty poor (as is Grimsby's of course) - in a league where it appears anyone can beat anyone, what you don't want to be doing is playing a form team, and neither Harrogate or Orient are, imo, on form - therefore I think Grimsby and/or Barrow will pick up point(s). Orient have just sacked their manager, so hopefully there'll be a new manager bounce

Orient's form is pretty poor (as is Grimsby's of course) - in a league where it appears anyone can beat anyone, what you don't want to be doing is playing a form team, and neither Harrogate or Orient are, imo, on form - therefore I think Grimsby and/or Barrow will pick up point(s). Orient have just sacked their manager, so hopefully there'll be a new manager bounce
I can see Barrow picking up points, can see Barrow going on bit of winning run. Orient new manager will work at grimsby but as you pointed out anyone can beat anyone.

Been thinking for a while March is a very important run of fixtures. Not that every game isn't important now, but with who we are playing we have a real opportunity to gain ground on those within 10 points of us and drag some people a touch further into view of the trap door than they would want to be.

In our improved form post embargo im looking at Oldham, Walsall, Scunthorpe, and Harrogate and thinking there is no reason we can't take 12 points from those.

Up the blues

So February we achieved 8 points out of a possible 15.

View attachment 14551

Now on to March with 21 points available

View attachment 14552

That was a very good total from just 5 games, especially when you look back at the fixtures.

A reasonable target for March.....8 would see still see us in with a chance, 10/11 should see us clear of any relegation places. Beyond that then its not just sheep that will be nervous around the town of Colchester.

Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

On to Oldham on Saturday.

Oldham lost as well last night and had a man sent off.

Always good to see Peter Clarke of course.

Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

On to Oldham on Saturday.

Oldham lost as well last night and had a man sent off.

Always good to see Peter Clarke of course.
No, Peter is at the upward moving Tranmere now.
Shame that Scunny, SteveB and Col Ewe won last night with Vale now closest to the trap door and us.

No, Peter is at the upward moving Tranmere now.
Shame that Scunny, SteveB and Col Ewe won last night with Vale now closest to the trap door and us.

We were shocking in the 1st half last night and were deservedly losing 1-0, but in the 2nd half we improved, scored the penalty and then played the best we have in months. Maybe Wayne Brown is working his magic and we are set for a decent run of results, Newport Saturday which could be a tough game.

I can see us beating Scunthorpe and Walsall and drawing vs Stevenage. 7 points. Safe.

Having got the Cheltenham game out of the way we now face a run of, on paper, less tough fixtures. Over the next half a dozen games we need to put some clear blue water between ourselves and Barrow and Grimsby, and hopefully sneak up on Port Vale too. Come on lads!!!

I can see both Barrow and Grimsby picking up points on Tuesday. Hope they don't but I don't think they've got anywhere near as a tough a game as us.

Barrow home to Mansfield and Grimsby home to FGR today - I can see both picking up points.

Back