• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SimonL

Hi all,
My name is Simon, and along with 10 other Stevenage FC fans, we are going to partake in a trek from Oxford to Stevenage raising money for The Cardiomyopathy Association (CMA) in memory of Mitchell Cole “March for Mitch”.
The idea is to have 11 participants each representing one of the 11 clubs that Mitch played for (including academies at Norwich and West Ham). I have been given the honour of representing Southend United FC, and your club has been very kind in offering to supply a shirt to the cause with his name and squad number on the back.
I wondered if you could help me spread the word amongst Southend United fans and raise awareness of the trek.
I’m also after any ideas of how I could drum up support around Southend for the trek, e.g. local paper, business associated with the club etc.
My just giving page is: http://www.justgiving.com/Simon-Leon1
You can also access the collective team page through it to see how our current total is coming along.
A few of you have already retweeted some of my tweets on twitter which has been great.
Thanks in advance

Hi

Just a quick update for you all.
SUFC very kindly donated a shirt towards the march with Mitch’s name and number worn at Southend. This will be worn by me for the majority of the journey, switching between that and the charities own t-shirt.
Massive thanks to Lauren Mason at the club for arranging it all.

We set out this Thursday (1[SUP]st[/SUP] August) from Oxford at around 15:00, hoping to arrive at Stevenage on Saturday afternoon in time for the kick off.

The sponsorship page is still open, and we have raised s superb amount so far, but any additional sponsorship from you shrimpers would be brilliant, no matter how big or small.

Cheers

Simon

Also we have set up a text number to donate.
Send a message to 70070
“Cole63 £(amount)”

Hi

Just a quick update for you all.
SUFC very kindly donated a shirt towards the march with Mitch’s name and number worn at Southend. This will be worn by me for the majority of the journey, switching between that and the charities own t-shirt.
Massive thanks to Lauren Mason at the club for arranging it all.

We set out this Thursday (1[SUP]st[/SUP] August) from Oxford at around 15:00, hoping to arrive at Stevenage on Saturday afternoon in time for the kick off.

The sponsorship page is still open, and we have raised s superb amount so far, but any additional sponsorship from you shrimpers would be brilliant, no matter how big or small.

Cheers

Simon
Best of luck with all that and I will let Lauren know (she's the daughter of good friends of mine!). Hope some Southend fans do support this, definitely worth a bump.

Donation made :smile:

Thanks to those of you that have donated, its certainly helped us get a step closer to the target, I intend to take my phone along to post updates along the route (charging points permitting) and will endeavour to jump on here to let you know of our progress! cheers

Just to let you all know, We've done it, it was a killer, there were ups and downs, but the reason for doing this stuck with us throughout. Thanks again for your support and donations, don't forget the JustGiving page will be open for a while yetDSC00777.jpg

Back