• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Marcus Dackers

Ladapo ... every single Shrimper though he was awful
I did! I got that one wrong. Was really surprised when he went to Plymouth and banged them in for fun. We often have players who couldn’t buy a goal for us and go onto bang them in for everyone else.

I did! I got that one wrong. Was really surprised when he went to Plymouth and banged them in for fun. We often have players who couldn’t buy a goal for us and go onto bang them in for everyone else.
The reverse is also true, did Brett Angell ever reach the goals he did with us, for example.

Jack Butland looked awful against us when on loan at Cheltenham. He didn’t do too badly.
Who is a bench-warmer (goalkeeper) for Premier League club Crystal Palace----Far from ideal........Another long lost keeper also there is Sam Johnstone (anybody else remember him?)

Last edited:
Played 9 games for England!

Think the point was no one who was at that game would ever imagine he would play for England or consistently in the prem.
Johnstone also played for England....Wow how soon some players go down.

I was told my an agent friend that scouts (who are scouting players rather than teams) often leave before the match starts. They just watch the warm up.
Thats mental, there are so many different factors as to why it works out for certain players at one club and not another. Case in point i thought gary hooper was absolute toilet. Obviously i was wrong.

Played 9 games for England!

Think the point was no one who was at that game would ever imagine he would play for England or consistently in the prem.
Who is a bench-warmer (goalkeeper) for Premier League club Crystal Palace----Far from ideal........Another long lost keeper also there is Sam Johnstone (anybody else remember him?)
Sam Johnstone was never much liked by the Albion supporters—weak on crosses,prone to the occasional ghastly error,e refused to sign a new contract,so the club missed out financially. All very similar to Daniel Bentley with us.

Sam Johnstone was never much liked by the Albion supporters—weak on crosses,prone to the occasional ghastly error,e refused to sign a new contract,so the club missed out financially. All very similar to Daniel Bentley with us.

Except most of us fans rated and liked Dan. Plus we ended up with decent dollar.

Except most of us fans rated and liked Dan. Plus we ended up with decent dollar.
No,as I said,if he had shown loyalty to our club,who had trained him up,by signing a new contract we would have got a much,much bigger fee.He’ll still be doing very well for himself ,sat on Bristol City’s bench cf Johnstone at Palace.

Need this embargo lifting Ron

Dackes going back along with Mooney being injured has seen us win 4 on the bounce.

There are are course many reasons why but we look far more effective with CP in the team. Also the midfield looks a lot stronger and allows Bridge and GSM more freedom. Last and certainly very important, our set pieces have been a lot better.

There is a lot I like about Mooney but the he needed a rest. I'm sure will come back with more August than early October form but we wont miss Dackers. If needed the Amigos will still be able to improve the squad by January.....They have earned the privilege.

If needed the Amigos will still be able to improve the squad by January.....They have earned the privilege.

Will they? There's a certain embargo to get resolved first.

I agree with what you've said about set pieces, having Mooney not on them has been very beneficial.

"Runs away and hides awaiting abuse from Rigsby even though I'm agreeing with him"

Back