• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC Forever

Manager
Sad to hear of Marcus Trescothick's retirement from Test cricket, especially when without a doubt he still has the ability to play at that level, however his much documented problems with stress have finally made him call time on international cricket.

I feel that Trescothick was without a doubt one of the best England opening batsmen to have played in the last 20 years or so but sadly has suffered from burn out from the demands of the immense amount of international cricket played these days (meaningless one day cricket, tours and extra Tests fitted in often without a worthwhile break) simply to bring in more money. I am sure he will not be the last player to suffer in this way and I wish him all the very best for the future with Somerset and hope that he returns to full health and overcomes his problems soon.

Talking about bringing more money into the game, has anybody noticed that for the Tests at the Oval in the coming season, tickets for the one dayer v South Africa and the seat prices for the Test are £100 each. Disgraceful...

It is a shame although for his own health and future, probably the right choice for him to make really.

Have seen him a few times at the Oval and always played a class above the rest.

Not sure about those ticket prices....assume thats what is on offer now from ticket agencies maybe, as they have certainly sold out at the Oval....Test match is about £50 and ODI is about £60....well about that cos I got mine months ago. Quite looking forward to it....

Sometimes worth checking the ticket availability closer to the game, as they get returns and the like so can put those up for sale at the last minute. You would get them at face value then rather than an inflated price.

What day are you going to the Oval test? Think mine are for the Saturday.

Yep, we shall be in the OCS stand on the Saturday of the test. Usually go that day as it saves taking a day off and Sunday is used to recover....and ofcourse after the game its round the corner to the pub....and then to try and find my way home.....which is usually an adventure in itself....lol

Hopefully England wont be missing the likes of Tres during that game....as they seemingly have been recently.

Back