• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Also I_S, you tried the online competitions? I cant remember if I saw you had a time for the first one, I tired the new one the other day, gave it 2 quick goes, its different thats for sure

Also I_S, you tried the online competitions? I cant remember if I saw you had a time for the first one, I tired the new one the other day, gave it 2 quick goes, its different thats for sure

No mate, had a brief look at one last night - but you had to drive with the wheel...so i said bollox to that as I hate using it!!

Good to see you so confident about beating me...can we compare time trials online do you know? If we can't race, might be good to race against the others ghost at least!

Have figured it out...think i underestimated you a tad George mate!! Sent you a few challenges - narrowly beat your time on the snes mario circuit - try beating my n64 DK jungle time :)

Got it at the weekend but still going through the Grand Prix to get some practice in.

As a warning, I got devilishly good at the time trials on the GameCube one after my younger sister had the cheek to try and get her name on my records list. That was a brutal and depressing time but needless to say, I have more than half of the records now. I think I still have the momery card in case anyone fancies trying to beat them ;)

I'll let you know when I feel ready to take on the SZ community.

Last edited:
Have figured it out...think i underestimated you a tad George mate!! Sent you a few challenges - narrowly beat your time on the snes mario circuit - try beating my n64 DK jungle time :)

Ok cool mate, I may take a look now Ant, just got back from an exam, and rekon I deserve a break :)

This game can be summed up in one word - Awesome!

Only play on my housemates Wii so will have to get him to get it online and then can start being beaten by those who have too much time to waste! ;)

This is going to be the next game on my list for the wii, when I get it I look forward to racing online and winning obvoiusly.

So who has got it?

What are your thought of it and the wheel?

If you have a Wii and dont have it, what on Earth is wrong with you?

My opinion is that its amazing, the wheel works really well, and Nintendo have incorporated it seemlessly. Mario Kart games of old (N64 and GC) had four cups to win with a total of 16 courses. I love what they have done this time, there are 8 cups. They have made 16 new tracks, and included 16 old tracks (the best), all the way from the SNES, N64, GC, DS, GBA, fantastic!! Stroke of genius!! There are now also 12 racers in a race rather than the old style 8, another great move, more racers, more items, more points for winning.

Another addition is that is not just karts now, bikes have been included, was sceptical, but they are awesome!!

There seems a lot more to do on this game than old ones. Far more characters to start, along with lots more to unlock too, some totally brand new ones!! Such as Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy and Funky Kong from DKC and DK64.

Playing online also works really well too, up to 12 in a race, but does not need to be, you dont have to race a certain number of races, competitors drop in and out as they please.

There is a competition channel, but no competitions set up as of yet, Nintendo have not released anything on that yet to my knowledge, but I have no doubt they will also be awesome.

So yes, I love it!!

Wait till u get 2 the mirror tracks lol!
:dizzy:

All sounds a bit much for me. I spent my entire first year of university playing the SNES version - that was top drawer.

Yep, had that too; wii kart brings all these old tracks off different tendo systems together. Steering wheel a laugh as is multi player, quite diverse and I still cannot stand Rainbow Road!

Dash

Yep, had that too; wii kart brings all these old tracks off different tendo systems together. Steering wheel a laugh as is multi player, quite diverse and I still cannot stand Rainbow Road!

Dash

The first time I saw Rainbow Road on the SNES it nearly made me sick - but I had drunk a few cans of 'Stryke Super'.

There are loads of ****s that pick Rainbow road as their choice when voting takes place prior to the online races...chances are you'll be racing the track at least once every 4 races. I reset everytime, as a little part of me dies inside when I see the horrendous rainbow :(

Wait till u get 2 the mirror tracks lol!
:dizzy:

I have, got all 32 golds. The problem I have is that I have a stupidly old tv at uni, which is ****ed in all honestly and means I cant see the very far right hand side of the screen, so I cant see what rank I got, so I do not know which I need to try and improve. Do you race online Dash? Up for the SZ cup that we want to get going at some point?

There are loads of ****s that pick Rainbow road as their choice when voting takes place prior to the online races...chances are you'll be racing the track at least once every 4 races. I reset everytime, as a little part of me dies inside when I see the horrendous rainbow :(

Haha practice makes perfect I_S. Rainbow Road will feature on the SZ cup, it cant not!!

This is going to be the next game on my list for the wii, when I get it I look forward to racing online and winning obvoiusly.

Haha, looks like you should put your money where your mouth is Josh. I would like to point out now that I do not mean that we should be gambling on SZ and betting on the SZ cup, I purely mean go and buy the game mate.

Back