• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oi Ant, you tried the challenges I sent you yet mate? I have not had time to turn it on since I sent them to you as I had an exam yesterday and so have been in the library non stop for 2 days previous to that. Which is where I am now, preparing for the next one, may have to sample a little more Mario Kart later though...

Haha practice makes perfect I_S. Rainbow Road will feature on the SZ cup, it cant not!!

Sod off, i veto any move to put that track in the cup!! :p

Oi Ant, you tried the challenges I sent you yet mate? I have not had time to turn it on since I sent them to you as I had an exam yesterday and so have been in the library non stop for 2 days previous to that. Which is where I am now, preparing for the next one, may have to sample a little more Mario Kart later though...

Been really busy the last few days so haven't had a chance yet to look at it mate...Not working until 6 this evening, so might give it a go this afternoon and get some easy victories sorted ;)

Sod off, i veto any move to put that track in the cup!! :p

Been really busy the last few days so haven't had a chance yet to look at it mate...Not working until 6 this evening, so might give it a go this afternoon and get some easy victories sorted ;)

Might have a democratic vote, might not. :p

Oooo thats over confidence if ever I have seen it!!

Ok, I finally gave this game a bit of a go over the bank holiday weekend (needs must in a 5 week pay month) and it appears that now the tips of my thumbs heart from (LH) holding on to weapons and (RH) holding accelerator. Think I'm still a way behind anyone who's all golds but I'm pretty sure going in with a tactic of chill out in 4th til the final lap I can rattle off the rest. I'm willing to welcome challenges though if anyone can tell me how to use the goddam worldwidewii thing.

Anyway, other thoughts on the game:

Pros
- Lots more to unlock than in previous games is a big plus, not only in GP mode but in time trial mode too.
- Much more variation in cars/bikes - if a vehicle has good handling in this version you know about it at the first bend. This adds genuine selection decisions and should make time trialling more interesting.
- automatic v manual - is a great way to get people in to the game although at some stage the game should really force you to switch to manual as it's that much quicker.
- Wireless wheel - still amazes me that it works when the infra-red is covered but that's probably as much a con for me as a pro for the game.
- 12 simultaneous runners - the more the better
- 32 courses - again, the more the better

Cons
- Lead based less on driving - It would be easier driving without everyone on separate bits of elastic behind you. Definitely harder to build any lead no matter how well you drive.
- 2 player grand prix - where's it gone?
- Oil splatters - pretty pointless really but not a major issue I suppose
- comfort of wheel - apparently!
- Waluigi raceway or whatever it's called - had to be one of the weakest GC tracks

Overall, though, it struck me as a marked improvement on the GC one which was pretty good anyway. I'm starting to think that plugging the old GC controller in will be much quicker but at the moment, I'm just enjoying the grand prix modes

Ok, I finally gave this game a bit of a go over the bank holiday weekend (needs must in a 5 week pay month) and it appears that now the tips of my thumbs heart from (LH) holding on to weapons and (RH) holding accelerator. Think I'm still a way behind anyone who's all golds but I'm pretty sure going in with a tactic of chill out in 4th til the final lap I can rattle off the rest. I'm willing to welcome challenges though if anyone can tell me how to use the goddam worldwidewii thing.

Anyway, other thoughts on the game:

Pros
- Lots more to unlock than in previous games is a big plus, not only in GP mode but in time trial mode too.
- Much more variation in cars/bikes - if a vehicle has good handling in this version you know about it at the first bend. This adds genuine selection decisions and should make time trialling more interesting.
- automatic v manual - is a great way to get people in to the game although at some stage the game should really force you to switch to manual as it's that much quicker.
- Wireless wheel - still amazes me that it works when the infra-red is covered but that's probably as much a con for me as a pro for the game.
- 12 simultaneous runners - the more the better
- 32 courses - again, the more the better

Cons
- Lead based less on driving - It would be easier driving without everyone on separate bits of elastic behind you. Definitely harder to build any lead no matter how well you drive.
- 2 player grand prix - where's it gone?
- Oil splatters - pretty pointless really but not a major issue I suppose
- comfort of wheel - apparently!
- Waluigi raceway or whatever it's called - had to be one of the weakest GC tracks

Overall, though, it struck me as a marked improvement on the GC one which was pretty good anyway. I'm starting to think that plugging the old GC controller in will be much quicker but at the moment, I'm just enjoying the grand prix modes

Still on my game.

To get online mate, you only need to go to 1 player net (bottom left of selection screen)

To race against us lot, you need to first add us as friends. Go to the bottom right option, and click on friends. You then enter our codes, I will stick mine on here when I am home, in the mean time, stick yours on here (you will have to connect to the net against the world to get one if I remember correctly). If you dont want to put it on here, PM me (I am sure I_S would like it too)

I agree with your pros, this game is a cracker.

Think I might be tempted into getting this game.

The missus also wants the Wii Fit - Does anyone know where one is available these days?

The missus also wants the Wii Fit - Does anyone know where one is available these days?

Do it

In respect of Wii Fit :offtopic: :p

In serious though, it is still my understanding that is still hard to get hold of, I am not sure if the game website is allowing orders to be placed, if they are that would be my port of call mate.

To be honest mate, we've got Mario and Sonic, Pro evo, some cartoony football game and Mariokart and Mariokart has been best received by some way.

It's not the most technical racing game but reliable enough to give it credibility.

It does, however, make you type 'heart' when you mean to write 'hurt'. As long as you're not now a surgeon, that shouldn't be a major problem...

3566-2249-3023 is my friend code if you want to add it for mario kart mate - hope you are more of a challenge than Shrimper2theCore, as he isn't very good... :D

3566-2249-3023 is my friend code if you want to add it for mario kart mate - hope you are more of a challenge than Shrimper2theCore, as he isn't very good... :D

:stunned:

Im going to let this one slide Ant.......

Speaking of notbeing very good, you see your challenges I responded to the other day, and others I sent to you? I havnt got any messages saying you have beaten them....surprising

:stunned:

Im going to let this one slide Ant.......

Speaking of notbeing very good, you see your challenges I responded to the other day, and others I sent to you? I havnt got any messages saying you have beaten them....surprising

Did the challenge you sent on the N64 DK jungle one - was very tight until the last corner and i fluffed it...fortunately for me my net connection went and the time didn't register :D Shall take on your others later!!

I'm not guaranteeing anything on the level of challenge as I'm only really intermediate.

Anyway, my code is 0989-2760-2175 and yes, I have had fun making my mii!

Did the challenge you sent on the N64 DK jungle one - was very tight until the last corner and i fluffed it...fortunately for me my net connection went and the time didn't register :D Shall take on your others later!!

Very lucky, I was wondering that, if you dont beat someones challenge 1st time do you think thats it? Or do you get as many chances as you want. When I have beaten your challenges, do you get a challenge bounced back at you,m or any kind of notification?

Once I get my GC controller going, I reckon I'll be unstoppable.

:)

Do you have any rules on wheel/alternative usage?

Yeh, wheel is the way forward, it is the the way the game was intended so use it. Defo no GC controller, dont ruin it, I still have mine, but wont be using it, for any SZ cup I would say that has to be a rule, level playing field and all that

Back