• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So who has got it?

What are your thought of it and the wheel?

If you have a Wii and dont have it, what on Earth is wrong with you?

My opinion is that its amazing, the wheel works really well, and Nintendo have incorporated it seemlessly. Mario Kart games of old (N64 and GC) had four cups to win with a total of 16 courses. I love what they have done this time, there are 8 cups. They have made 16 new tracks, and included 16 old tracks (the best), all the way from the SNES, N64, GC, DS, GBA, fantastic!! Stroke of genius!! There are now also 12 racers in a race rather than the old style 8, another great move, more racers, more items, more points for winning.

Another addition is that is not just karts now, bikes have been included, was sceptical, but they are awesome!!

There seems a lot more to do on this game than old ones. Far more characters to start, along with lots more to unlock too, some totally brand new ones!! Such as Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy and Funky Kong from DKC and DK64.

Playing online also works really well too, up to 12 in a race, but does not need to be, you dont have to race a certain number of races, competitors drop in and out as they please.

There is a competition channel, but no competitions set up as of yet, Nintendo have not released anything on that yet to my knowledge, but I have no doubt they will also be awesome.

So yes, I love it!!

I think I may be tempted to get the Wii after my exams. £173 including P&P, you can't go wrong.

You really cant go wrong!! I decided to do that last year, which is why I tried to get a free one as I had 8 weeks till my exams were over anyway, and then I got one free!! So loved it. Still have not really paid for anything (except I bought 2 more controllers), and I have about 12 or so games now, and I am entitled to 6 more free games when I decide what I want :D

I really want this, but also want Wii fit.

Sorry for the thread hijack but is there anyone on here who has wii fit??

:hijack:

Haha, I would honestly say go for Mario Kart. Ok I dont have Wii Fit, but I have not heard great things about it. Was interested to see what it would be like. From those I know who have seen both, they all prefer Mario Kart (as far as I know).

Brought Mario kart for my husband as a softener for the Wii fit. Worth buying even for the exercise that includes ball headering.

brought one on friday at the tesco A127 £ 64.71 still in the box setting it up later been playing mario cart for the last 2 hrs wiyj the family and im crap at it

Mrs I_S got me Mario Kart last week and I really like it, but still prefer the N64 version. The wheel is very awkward to use IMO, so i go for the controller and nunchuk option and its much easier to powerslide etc.

Much crazier having 12 on the track, and getting boxes is a little more difficult with the increased traffic. Haven't had a chance to play online yet, but look forward to it. Some online cups etc. would be a great addition to the package.

If you have a wii, Mario Kart would be one of the games definitely worth having. As for wii fit...all i'll say is 'meh...' :D

Mrs I_S got me Mario Kart last week and I really like it, but still prefer the N64 version. The wheel is very awkward to use IMO, so i go for the controller and nunchuk option and its much easier to powerslide etc.

Much crazier having 12 on the track, and getting boxes is a little more difficult with the increased traffic. Haven't had a chance to play online yet, but look forward to it. Some online cups etc. would be a great addition to the package.

If you have a wii, Mario Kart would be one of the games definitely worth having. As for wii fit...all i'll say is 'meh...' :D

Good stuff I_S, let me know when you are online and we can exchange friend codes and give the world a jolly shrimper-beating if you fancy it. That goes to everyone else who fancies getting online. Shrimperzone cup?

Good stuff I_S, let me know when you are online and we can exchange friend codes and give the world a jolly shrimper-beating if you fancy it. That goes to everyone else who fancies getting online. Shrimperzone cup?

Yeah sounds good mate. Haven't configured my wii wifi connection yet - but will get onto it tomorrow and fingers crossed it works! Shall let you know the code etc. and you can look forward to a good Yoshi bashing on that moo moo farm track :D

Yeah sounds good mate. Haven't configured my wii wifi connection yet - but will get onto it tomorrow and fingers crossed it works! Shall let you know the code etc. and you can look forward to a good Yoshi bashing on that moo moo farm track :D

Haha good stuff, I look forward to it, here comes funky kong :p

Good stuff mate. When you are up and running, make sure and get on the online version...its fantastic. Myself and Shrimper2theCore are on it - would be nice to have another shrimper!

Sorry I have not been about to smash you yet I_S, having started my exams, I am up to my eyes in it, but once I am done I will get the SZ cup up and running, you can set up a grand prix online, so we can then determine the Champion Shrimper.....me :)

Back