• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Beard

Beard is the new manager of Tooting & Mitcham United.

Cool. Richard Cadette used to be the manager there. He disappeared off the radar though.

That makes Beard no longer the ex-Shrimper playing at the lowest level.

That accolade goes to

Combined Counties League 1st Division (Level 10)
Neville Roach Hartley Wintney

Player of the season in 1998/9?. How bad were the rest?

That was my first season of going to roots hall, there were some seriously bad players around then, I guess it shows how far we've progressed really

That was my first season of going to roots hall, there were some seriously bad players around then, I guess it shows how far we've progressed really

Alvin was just a seriously bad manager - as bad as we have had - ( Dick Bate excepting). After 8 games we had 14 points but only avoided going out of the league by getting 10 points from our last 4 away games without conceding goal. The last 6 home games gave us just 2 points.

Lee Hodges in 10 games should have been PoS - he kept us up - or Scottie Houghton.

Alvin was just a seriously bad manager - as bad as we have had - ( Dick Bate excepting). After 8 games we had 14 points but only avoided going out of the league by getting 10 points from our last 4 away games without conceding goal. The last 6 home games gave us just 2 points.

Lee Hodges in 10 games should have been PoS - he kept us up - or Scottie Houghton.

Yep and thankfully that was because Alvin was sacked and replaced by Alan Little.

Back