• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Gower

wrongun

Maher off, Gower on a yellow for creating a fuss about the sending off (although a justified rant). So we have 10 men and at 0-0 could keep it tight with the possibility of maybe grabbing a goal on the break. What does he do makes a STUPID tackle on the cheating bar steward and get's himself sent off into the bargain. Marky Gower you should have kept your head i really believe you didn't help our cause. Why i understand his frustration he really should have cracked on with the game and not tried to take out the cheat. In the end Col U scum got the result when really we could have still got something from the game with 10 men..My view only.....

Yep Gower should be ashamed and I'm sure he is. It was a silly foul but he never would've been so frustrated if it wasn't for Duguid's antics.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Nov. 27 2006,21:51)]Maher was stupid too. He should not have confronted Duguid, he should have walked away. Duguid would have looked pretty silly collapsing then.
He wouldn't have collapsed if Maher had walked away....?
rock.gif
?

its all very well critiscing the lad now nearly 2 days after
less than 10 minutes later i would have wanted to kill the *******.
i know he is a professional, but kev is one of his best mates and they are both committed to the club.
yeah maybe he should have done it properlly and broke the tw&ts leg but that wouldnt have achiaved much and he would have prob ended up with a 5 game ban or something!
it was silly but i would have done the same

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pickledseal @ Nov. 27 2006,22:25)]its all very well critiscing the lad now nearly 2 days after
i know he is a professional, but kev is one of his best mates and they are both committed to the club.
yeah maybe he should have done it properlly and broke the tw&ts leg but that wouldnt have achiaved much and he would have prob ended up with a 5 game ban or something!
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pickledseal @ Nov. 27 2006,22:25)]its all very well critiscing the lad now nearly 2 days after
i'll go along with that. How many of those saying how stupid gower was can honestly say, hand on heart, that they'd have not done the same, or at least have ben angry enough to do something similar?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wrongun @ Nov. 27 2006,22:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Nov. 27 2006,21:51)]Maher was stupid too. He should not have confronted Duguid, he should have walked away. Duguid would have looked pretty silly collapsing then.
rock.gif
?
Exactly!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Nov. 27 2006,22:55)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
?
Exactly!!!
Walked away?

Maher SHOULD have gone down clutching his ankle frantically gesturing for the water sponge man.

Wake up chaps,playing the system is important at this level.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ Nov. 27 2006,22:45)]
[b said:
i'll go along with that. How many of those saying how stupid gower was can honestly say, hand on heart, that they'd have not done the same, or at least have ben angry enough to do something similar?
I wouldn't have done the same.

If you start cheating back or using illegal tactics (ie dodgy tackles) you just start lowering yourself to their level.

I can obviously see why he did it, but it's still no justification. as Wrongun said, at 0-0, even down to 10 men, you still have a chance. Down to 9 and it's a nigh-on impossible task to get anything out of the game, as we discovered.

If you do something silly and react like that you basically let the whole team down, and for what? Duguid gets a mouthful of mud? Then just gets back up and on with the game. It achieves absolutely nothing and is just stupid, unprofessional and playing right into Duguid's hands.

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Nov. 27 2006,22:55)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
?
Exactly!!!
I can't accept that SK. Maher was kicked hard on the upper calf. How many players will walk away when that has happened to them? I think you are expecting too much of him. And Duguid is an expert at this sort of thing....

Marky Gower is a professional and should have exercised restraint.

Have to be honest though I would have gone in for the kill so feel awkward blaming the guy for feeling the same way.

I was surprised when I heard Gower of all people getting sent off

It was a huge game, against local rivals, loads of pressure and he reacted to provocation

Most of us have done things in the heat of the moment and regretted them later

I'm no professional and don't think violence has any part in the game we love........................

But a couple of Sunday's back I was kicked by some fat (even fatter than me) bloke and instead of going down like a seasoned pro I turned round and lumped him full on in the mush I am now serving a 5 (yes five game ban and awaiting a fine from the norfolk (inbred) FA) Clearly not helping my cause here but in the heat of the moment it just had to happen

Would I do it again?
rock.gif
???

Remember a few years back when we had 3 sent off at Swansea (Vetch Field), we actually won! If I remember Gower was one of those sent off-for berating the Lino, seems he could do with learning a lesson, can't fault him for the passion and commitment though

[b said:
Quote[/b] (piersend @ Nov. 28 2006,07:10)]Remember a few years back when we had 3 sent off at Swansea (Vetch Field), we actually won! If I remember Gower was one of those sent off-for berating the Lino, seems he could do with learning a lesson, can't fault him for the passion and commitment though
Funny how some people get passion and commitment mixed up with indiscipline isn't it? Any player seen berating a team mate or a referee gets referred to in these seemingly glowing terms.

Had Gower shown some commitment towards us keeping 10 players on the pitch we just might have got something from Saturday's game.

I'm not going to condemn Gower - emotions must run pretty high out there on these occasions and following Maher's dismissal, the boy probably just wasn't thinking straight. As Samuel Beckett said, "When you're up to your neck in sh!t, the only thing left to do is sing" - applying that to football reads, "When you're bottom of the league and nothing's going your way, hack the f%ckers down"!
laugh.gif

Something I've just briefly thought.

If league bans are given out as domestic bans, it's almost ironic that the two players off are both former Spurs players given how close we are to the Spurs game.

Thinking about it more, Gower's was two yellows and will only be one game and with Barnsley tonight, it will be a few games before the cup game but Maher, I'm sure, would be devastated to miss the Spurs game in such acrimonious fashion.

Have to admit that when I heard the news, i was cursing the fact that the injuries were to two of our best performers this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Nov. 28 2006,09:35)]Something I've just briefly thought.

If league bans are given out as domestic bans, it's almost ironic that the two players off are both former Spurs players given how close we are to the Spurs game.

Thinking about it more, Gower's was two yellows and will only be one game and with Barnsley tonight, it will be a few games before the cup game but Maher, I'm sure, would be devastated to miss the Spurs game in such acrimonious fashion.

Have to admit that when I heard the news, i was cursing the fact that the injuries were to two of our best performers this season.
Does Gower miss tonight's match? I thought it would be Wolves?

Back