• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Gower

TMWLT

Banned
Wants to leave us, orient came in with a bid for him, which he turned down

the reason. I owe southend fans more than that, going to their rivals

A top man for this, but he has stated privately to his friends, that he wants last pay day before he reaches the gravestone for midfielders 30.

I understand that he has been offered a deal by forest and leeds, and will be talking to them this week, leeds of course he is dubious about, due to the money.

but I have to say, good luck for the future mark

Sad news if this is true.

I understand his reasons for wanting to go but he's not going to get a lot more money unless he goes to a Championship club...

Bugga I thought for a moment he meant you Al...

*Puts Celebration Fireworks and Champagne back in cupboard*

:D :p

Weren't Sheff Weds interested too?...

Think he deserves a chance at a higher level/bigger club, be sad to see him go if true though.

:( although if you carry on like that I may well look for a move to a better board :finger:

Highly unlikely, you know there is only 1 Shrimperzone....And with your social problems who else would have you ..:hilarious:

Wants to leave us, orient came in with a bid for him, which he turned down

the reason. I owe southend fans more than that, going to their rivals

A top man for this, but he has stated privately to his friends, that he wants last pay day before he reaches the gravestone for midfielders 30.

I understand that he has been offered a deal by forest and leeds, and will be talking to them this week, leeds of course he is dubious about, due to the money.

but I have to say, good luck for the future mark

Where did you hear this from?

I woke up happy this morning, and now I receive this. Who can I put on my shirt for next season now?! :minger:

Would be a massive blow to lose him. Great goal return last season and I would imagine the only player with more assists over the last 4 years would be Maher.

I can completely understand why he might want to move though. We've been pretty much the extent of his professional career and he may well want a new challenge. The only problem, given his lack of strength and pace, is that he might struggle to make an impact in the team at a better club whereas for us, with 149 starts from which to know what he can do, he would start every game.

I think it would be a huge blow. With Eastwood gone, I'd say Gower is comfortably our most talented and most important player and would leave a massive hole in our team.

That said, he'd never have a better opportunity to move on and play at a higher level than he does now as one of the few success stories of our 06/07 season.

would be a massive massive blow.. our most creative midfielder, good set pieces and a serious goal threat. i put his moody expression against wakering down to pre-season training, unfitness but it makes more sense after reading that. looks like he wants out and i don't think it is fair to hold him back really. he is championship class tho and would rather he went to colchester than wasted himself at leeds

Would be a massive blow to lose him. Great goal return last season and I would imagine the only player with more assists over the last 4 years would be Maher.

I can completely understand why he might want to move though. We've been pretty much the extent of his professional career and he may well want a new challenge. The only problem, given his lack of strength and pace, is that he might struggle to make an impact in the team at a better club whereas for us, with 149 starts from which to know what he can do, he would start every game.

Gower would be a massive loss for SUFC. Whilst his pace has not always been 100 mph, his footballing brain more than makes up for this. In the 1st 2 seasons, his fitness left a lot to be desired, but then he started off the season after a new man and quite frankly, he was one of the players that made the step up last season and impressed me immensly. I can understand his reasons, one last finacial move is not being greedy, it is being prudent, from a career that does not last a life time. Gowers ability to cut in from the left has been a joy to watch and I only hope that he is still here next season for me to continue to enjoy this !!

But if he does leave, we will need to replace his creativity.

would certainly explain why we were so keen to land both Black and Bailey... hope it's just a rumour though, Gower was quality last season and could do a lot of damage in this league with the extra expeience of playing in the Championship. Perhaps it's in our favour that he's always been based in the South-East?

Perhaps it's in our favour that he's always been based in the South-East?

If he can earn three times as much at another club he will be off, doesn't matter where it is. How many people actually believed that Eastwood would only stay in the South-East!!

If he can earn three times as much at another club he will be off, doesn't matter where it is. How many people actually believed that Eastwood would only stay in the South-East!!

i tried to believe it for a while! Yeah of course, if his heart is set on another move then I'm sure he'd go wherever, just being cautious at the moment while this is just at the hearsay/rumour stage.

What's his contract situation anyway, i'd be hoping we'd get a bit of cash for him if he does leave?

i will listen to your thread but do remember the threads that we were signing some luton player and parlour was coming to us, this isn't necessarily true. how did you hear this?

Back