• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Gower

ldnfatso

Red Rep King!
Today i had the misfortune of being at the end of a Mark Gower 4 letter rant! Mark has not been in the best of form this season (some might say he's been s**t) compared to previous seasons anyway. In fact today i heard that he may have caught something from JCR:hilarious: .Today in the 2nd half Gower crossed from the byline in the South East corner only for the ball to go over everyone in the box. Now Lewis Hunt picked the ball up on the right flank with the intention of crossing it back into the box, however Gower would have been offside. I shouted from the South Upper to Gower "Come on Gower, move it!" However, Gower just turned around and said "F*** off!"

Now, i don't think that i was wrong to tell the lazy toe-rag to get back onside, after all we wanted the move to continue, but was the abuse back necessary?

you weren't wrong. and i remember the play you are talking about as i also noticed he was offside and if i remeber rightly he was strolling around. if he told you to f off then thats deffinately not on at all.

Gowers been sub-par for Months now... Seems as if he's throwing his toys out the pram for not being allowed to move to a C'ship club that may have come in for him in the summer and is taking the Eastwood route of turning ****e until he gets his move.

If he can't be arsed then move him on and bring in Moussa.

Quote of the match must surely go to Lewis Hunt.
After the ref told him to shut up he replied by calling him a prick.

Today i had the misfortune of being at the end of a Mark Gower 4 letter rant! Mark has not been in the best of form this season (some might say he's been s**t) compared to previous seasons anyway. In fact today i heard that he may have caught something from JCR:hilarious: .Today in the 2nd half Gower crossed from the byline in the South East corner only for the ball to go over everyone in the box. Now Lewis Hunt picked the ball up on the right flank with the intention of crossing it back into the box, however Gower would have been offside. I shouted from the South Upper to Gower "Come on Gower, move it!" However, Gower just turned around and said "F*** off!"

Now, i don't think that i was wrong to tell the lazy toe-rag to get back onside, after all we wanted the move to continue, but was the abuse back necessary?

The 'abuse' wasn't necessary but I don't this thread was necessary either.

I shouted from the South Upper to Gower "Come on Gower, move it!"

What were you expecting him to do? Look up and say "thankyou for the advice it may just win us the game" before slotting it in the top corner and lifting you on his shoulders for a celebratory lap of honour :)

I think deep down he knows that he's been well well below par and may be spending some time on the bench.

What were you expecting him to do? Look up and say "thankyou for the advice it may just win us the game" before slotting it in the top corner and lifting you on his shoulders for a celebratory lap of honour :)

I think deep down he knows that he's been well well below par and may be spending some time on the bench.

Agreed. Not defending it but he's only human. I suspect he knew he wasn't having a good game, he looked frustrated throughout and at that stage, you don't need to be told you are having a mare.

Added to this is the fact that Gower has been getting stick from fans for as long as I can remember, despite being one of our best players over the last four years.

He's well off-form, there's no doubt about that but he can still give you that spark which creates a goal from nothing.

Gower could do with a spell bench warming with his pal Kev (Maher not Dagenham).:)

Gower could do with a spell bench warming with his pal Kev (Maher not Dagenham).:)

Christ,you're not in the East stand are you Fiftyone?

Bloke near me has been moaning about Marky G and Captain Kev for the last 4yrs.With Maher on the bench today i was hoping Gower would have a good game,if only to keep this guy near me schtum,but oooohhhh nnnnoooo.

I have never heard this bloke praise ANYONE :thump:

Does gower care? seems like he has had enough, lack of form and maybe fitness partly to do with it. defo on bench needs to add some hunger and desire to his game.

Gower goes through these phases all the time, but this time looks different. He looks unfit & lacks the obvious interest that is necessary. The bench is probably the right place for him, but who do you replace him with? It will end up with Maher coming back & Macca being pushed out to the wing again.

Taking this further, what happened to the saviour of our problems & one reserve game wonder Albert Jarrett? We could have had a left footed TALENTED winger instead of Gower!!

Moussa in for Gower may be a better option, at least he'll take players on & won't go AWOL on the wing!

Back