• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Gower.........

VIP_BLUE

First XI
If this man could cross a ball and get it more than 2 feet off the floor we may have stood a chance today..... I counted 7 occasions including corners where his crossing let us down!

He's one of our only players that can change games on his own. He started well, and although his crossing wasn't the best, he created the goal.

And that hinders him crossing with his right foot how?????
And corners???

The crowd were on him the minute he made an error, very unfair. He looked keen and threatened today, had a couple of decent runs, but there was little support up front after everything else that went on. Not a criticism of anyone, just an observation. I felt we played well and deserved the 3 points. Obviously the officials had different ideas.

Perhaps it would be better for Mark Gower to refuse to dig deep and sucumb to the back injury and get it treated properly as many other players would do, rather than trying to commit to the club and play through it when asked.

Then we could put up with the total bilge and lack of creativity that we get when he is not in the team.

never really rated him to be fair as he never seems to be bothered..
His body language is terrible and maybe time he moved on!

i think gower is a decent player. Unfortunately last couple of games he has been poor though!! Today i counted 4 corners in first 10 minutes and none of them met the head of a blue player!
He should definately play right mid as i think it will improve his crossing. Overall today i think he generally had a bad game, even his shots were going over the north bank !!!!

He played OK today, very skillful but he had what was it... 3 opportunities where he smashed it over the bar! His crosses were not his best, as somebody said most of them were 2 ft above the ground!

He a right footed playing on the left side.

He plays on the left cos he's good at coming inside and scoring a few screamers.
As for his crossing and corners they were poor today, normally a good crosser.
The only thing that annoys me with him is his lack of effort to get on his bike and go down the line when someone has the ball.

great plauyer - needs to get his back sorted - obviously playing with some pain today -

always gets back and covers as well - does his work for the team -

capable of a quality finish as well - even in the last minute

I thought he looked pretty keen yesterday, he wanted the ball and looked (as always) our most likely avenue towards getting a goal. The end product was unusually woeful from him yesterday. I've never seen his crossing and especially his shooting be so wide of the mark.

gower looked up for it yesterday and had one of his better games although i do agree that his crosses and especially his corners were very poor. other than that he played a good part in the goal.

Gower is one of those players youl either love or hate.

He can create something out of nothing, takes decent free kicks (sometimes) and can put in some good crosses.

He can also make unessasary mistakes, lose the ball to easily, lazy and his corners might not make it past the first man.

He hit a quality freekick in the first half that I thought had beaten the keeper. Of course the least said about his freekick in the second half the better....

the thing about gower is when in is fit and playing he makes the whole team play well. i do think he is a bit hit and miss as he was yesterday and this is possible why he is not playing at a higher level. to be fair to him nearly all our attacks come from the left, possibly we should convert a lot more of the chances he creates. but this is why we are where we are because we keep missing chances and it comes back to haunt us.

Back