• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Gower

Tilly'sblue&whiteARMY

Hi
We was down Romford dog stadium Monday 6th December, and we saw Mark Gower with a few friends. Me and a couple of mates went and said hello. He could have told us to clear off he is with his mates, but he chatted away to us about his injury and how gutted that he cant play againts Orient.

Very nice bloke.

I didnt know mark gower was injured?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly'sblue&whiteARMY @ Dec. 07 2004,15:48)]how gutted that he cant play againts Orient.
wow.gif

No mention on the official site team news.
rock.gif

I heard a whisper he may be injured for tongight as well which will be a shame because he has been superb for us the last few games.

Good to have Maher back though, i think we really missed him against Grimsby the other week.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly'sblue&whiteARMY @ Dec. 07 2004,15:48)]Hi
We was down Romford dog stadium Monday 6th December, and we saw Mark Gower with a few friends.  Me and a couple of mates went and said hello.  He could have told us to clear off he is with his mates, but he chatted away to us about his injury and how gutted that he cant play againts Orient.

Very nice bloke.
'Kindest bloke ever'!?

Yes, he spoke to you, he must truly be Southend United's very own Mother Theresa.

Would you have been so forthcoming if it was Kevin Maher? After all, you could have told him your feelings on his playing ability couldn't you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Dec. 07 2004,16:44)]'Kindest bloke ever'!?

Yes, he spoke to you, he must truly be Southend United's very own Mother Theresa.
Was thinking the same thing, sure - he sounds like a decent bloke who's got time for the clubs supporters but it hardly makes him Ghandi does it?
tounge.gif

On a serious note though, glad to hear that he took the time to have a chat and be civil to a fan. It's the least that should be expected of course and most players seem to be fairly friendly but I'm sure that's not always the case.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Dec. 07 2004,16:48)]Mark Gower will play this evening
wink.gif

You heard it here 1st
Thanks for that Mr Gower.
wink.gif

While we're on the subject then, a big well done must go to Drewe for standing in amongst the fans and being in full conversation for the whole game at Grays in pre season. Not sure if it was brought up at the time but him and his sidekick, Michael Kightly, spent the entire game happily talking to a group of fans behind the goal. He even managed to have a chat with Emberson when the ball was up the other end.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 07 2004,16:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Dec. 07 2004,16:44)]'Kindest bloke ever'!?

Was thinking the same thing, sure - he sounds like a decent bloke who's got time for the clubs supporters but it hardly makes him Ghandi does it?  
tounge.gif

On a serious note though, glad to hear that he took the time to have a chat and be civil to a fan. It's the least that should be expected of course and most players seem to be fairly friendly but I'm sure that's not always the case.
Ghandi wasn't all sweetness and light Ron. He had a nasty streak in him, especially after a few scotches when someone said the wrong thing to him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Dec. 07 2004,16:48)]Mark Gower will play this evening
wink.gif

You heard it here 1st
No I didn't. I saw it on the official site, as did most of us.

Well it hardly makes him the kindest bloke ever does it?! If thats the case then Tes and Titus (Spoke to them in Dukes), Maher (Spoke to him and shook his hand earlier this season before a home match that he was suspended for, maybe Wycombe?!) and Drewenaldo (Spoke to him after the Sc**thorpe game and got his autograph after the game) are the kindests fellas ever as well.

Back