• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Gower

Is it me or does Mark Gower come off in almost every match in the 2nd half? Is he not fit and if he isnt, why isnt he? we're halfway through the season now and its not like he's been out injured for a long time and has had to catch up with the rest.

He also seems to pussy out of challenges yesterday he was goiing to be first to the ball easily but saw there man going for the ball and let him take it? wats wrong with him! challenge son challenge!

I think you will find he is injured and wont want to agrivate it anymore than he has done already, doubt he will play 2moro!

even when he was fully fit last season you wouldnt have had your last fiver on him to win a 50/50 challenge

Talented,wet lettuce! Afraid at the moment looking like an injury prone liability, give him a break and will come back hungrier and fit!

I would like to see a 4-3-3 tomorrow with Petts playing centrally and sticking LD upfront with Gray and Freddy OR give Nicky a go on the left wing ...

Kev

cool.gif

he has got problems with his back and the cold weather yesterday didn't help.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Dec. 27 2004,22:18)]even when he was fully fit last season you wouldnt have had your last fiver on him to win a 50/50 challenge
Absolutely correct

He's great going forwards, but he is the weak link in the midfield defensively.

If you watch him closely you will see how he "pretends" to make challenges, rather than actually making them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper roman @ Dec. 27 2004,23:15)]he has got problems with his back and the cold weather yesterday didn't help.
Diddums
wink.gif

What ever happened to the "hard" footballers?

Yes i agree Kev with a 4-3-3 with a wide 3 man mid feild, nicky/bently wide left and petts right wide with Maher running the centre of midfield. Gray, Freddie and Lawrie up front! got to score a few with them 3 up front!
blues.gif
cool.gif
but when back defending have gray go on the right and petts push into make a 4-4-2

I reckon a proper 3-5-2 might be worth a go, Barratt, Prior, Edwards at the back,
midfield Nic, Bents Maher, Hunt, Gower,
Gray + Fredy up front.
Nic and Hunt can double as fullbacks if needed.

The reason Gower keeps coming off at the moment si that he has a combined back and groin problem, which will keep coming back, it is caused by the way that he runs
rock.gif

There was a player, whose name escapes me (not SUFC), who had to retire early because he had the same problem with his running, which affected his back and groin.

Back